INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New VS Design window  (Read 863 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
New VS Design window
« on: December 16, 2003, 06:32:09 pm »

Like the ideas behine the new VS design window...its now much easier to add columns than using that long list we had before...however one thing I noticed you can now not configure a VS to be empty...can this restriction be removed? I have a number of VS where I do not want to have any panes...I would also prefer not to have any panes in the root groups if these are going to propogate over to HS as I would rather have a simplified number of schemes there (Currently this isn't working as HS is not reading the new Media Modes setup but if it were and I had Genre in the panes for the Audio root I end up with loads of genre folders which I would rather not see...Up until yesterday I avoided this by removing panes at the root level...now it appears this cannot be done :()

Thanks for all your efforts with making MC easier to use.  This will go a long way to encouraging a lot of the non techie users...hell even my gran could use HS :)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:New VS Design window
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 07:15:52 pm »

If you make your root scheme your most used scheme, it'll be one less level to deal with most of the time in MC and Hairstyle.  Why not do that?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 07:16:01 pm »

I have to agree on the empty.

Also, Media Mode isn't taking into account Audio schemes in the root directory when switching.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 03:16:18 am »

I hadn't thought of it like that...I guess for the root it is not quite so necessary but for some VS there is simply no need to have any panes for example VS based on a playlist or smartlist...in this case it would still be nice to have the option...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up