INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing a DVD  (Read 835 times)

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
Playing a DVD
« on: December 15, 2003, 06:21:36 pm »

When I select a DVD movie, I see a dozen or so big squares, each with an MC document logo.  They're labeled DVD Title 1 (21 chapters), DVD Title 2 (2 chapters), etc.  To watch the DVD, I double click on one of those squares.  

Is this the way it's supposed to be?  If so, it would be nice to get a friendlier interface for playing the DVD.

Also, if it's legal, it would be nice to be able to skip that FBI warning and the studio's interstitial.

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Playing a DVD
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 06:34:26 pm »

I agree with your first point...a single icon that we could attach cover art to would making viewing DVDs a lot more user friendly...

As for your second point...unfortunately that would be illegal...You will notice you cannot skip the warnings on a home DVD player either...they are there by law I am afraid :(

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Re:Playing a DVD
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 07:40:00 pm »

Yeah, I'd love to have it have a better interface for dvd files.  It might be a bit difficult, but it would be very helpful.  

Having all of those random files imported is a pain.  you can remove most of them, and leave only one (yuo have to figure out which one) and it usually works.  The only problem for me is that it doesn't see the file, and puts a red X next to it, even though it still works.

kiwi
Pages: [1]   Go Up