INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iRock plugin  (Read 3124 times)

gregostrander

• Recent member
iRock plugin
« on: December 14, 2003, 11:44:54 am »

I have a basic iRock 530 and have had nothing but trouble trying to connect it with MC 9.  While MusicMatch can see the device without problem, even having downloaded the plugins for the iRock I still cannot get it to connect, I simply get the default popup telling me that it has not been detected.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:iRock plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 05:45:37 pm »

I have an Irock 680 and MC sees it as another hard drive (as does Explorer).
Connect it and look under "Drives & Devices" and "My Computer".
If you've already tried this and/or it's too easy to be the problem, I apologize.
But sometimes, we really do forget to plug in the computer and only realize it AFTER we call tech support. This, I know.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 07:01:54 pm »

If the 530 does not appear as a removable or fixed drive, it is most likely a driver incompatibility. Can you check the version of the driver you have installed and let me know. Also, where did you get the driver you are using, from a website or on a disk with the player?

Steve

gregostrander

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 04:43:10 pm »

I am using the XP 500 series driver that I downloaded directly from iRock's website.  While MusicMatch can see the player, Mediacenter gives me an initialization failed message and the player does not show up among the available drives.  Thanks for your help.

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 11:27:46 am »

When I first tested this I was having some problems until I went to....

http://www.myirock.com/help/tutorials/XP_DM_Install_FTP.htm

and then downloaded the irock Download Manager. I ran the SMC wipe which detected bad memory sectors on the player and corrected them. I then connected with MC and transferred and deleted files with no problem. This testing was done on an iRock 520 which is the only 500 series player we currehtly have.

If I go to Device Manager and check the driver version I have 1.0.1.00.1 for IR500.sys.  Please confirm that you have the same.

Thanks,

Steve

gregostrander

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 01:36:41 pm »

I feel like I must be getting close... Thanks Steve, I did find a bad sector but I still can't see the player and still no luck with MC.  The driver file I have is 1.01.00.1, copyright 2002, IR500.sys.  Thanks for your help, if you have any other guesses or methods I should explore I would love to try them as MC has all of my customizations and would make adding songs soooo easy.  Thanks.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 01:42:41 pm »

Greg,

Could you try redownloading the plugin?

Steve

gregostrander

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 02:08:14 pm »

I just re-downloaded the drivers as well as the plug-in for MC and still no luck.  Two other things that might be worth noting, I am using XP pro and the error message MC gives me has changed from when I first started this process.  In the beginning it gave me a cute little screen saying that it couldn't find the device and encouraging me to make sure it was connected, now it just says "initialization failed, please check that the correct drivers are installed and the player is on.    Thanks for your continued help, I've got an email into iRock now that it looks like it is much more an issue with their driver than any problem germane to MC and I can only hope they will be half as helpful as you have been.

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2003, 04:53:30 pm »

Can you connect with the iRock Download Manager with no problems?

Steve

gregostrander

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2003, 07:54:50 pm »

Yes, no problem on that front.

SteveG

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 09:24:22 am »

Greg,

You might consider trying removing the iRock drivers and reinstall them. I did not have you remove whatever was there before going to the www.myirock website to get the drivers that I recommended, so it is possible some files remained from before which are screwing things up.

Steve

gregostrander

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 12:18:46 pm »

Thanks for all of your help Steve.  It looks like the 530 may be the only one that can't be seen as a drive.  I just got an email from iRock indicating that it can't be registered as a drive and therefore can't be used with MC.  Too bad, I would have loved to have that functionality.  Thanks for you efforts.

Greg

SteveG

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 03:59:48 pm »

Greg,

The 520 also does not show up as a drive, so I still think this is solvable if we can coordinate the drivers.

Steve

gregostrander

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 07:46:44 pm »

Hey Steve,
  Okay, I'm definitely game as long as you don't think it is a waste of time.  I have deleted and then downloaded entirely new drivers a couple of times now though, so that doesn't look like a successful route.

Greg

SteveG

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2003, 09:36:57 am »

Greg,

If you deleted and reinstalled the drivers from this site....

http://www.myirock.com/help/tutorials/XP_DM_Install_FTP.htm

then I am somewhat out of ideas without having that player to test here.

Sorry.

Steve

gregostrander

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 10:30:05 am »

Very sadly it just became moot anyway.  Our dog decided to explore a new counter and destroyed the 530.  But at least this time I can get a player that sinks with MC!  

Thanks for your help,
Greg

SteveG

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 10:50:16 am »

Greg,

Sorry about the demise of your iRock. Ask your dog what he wants to replace it with since he seems to have strong opinions about portable devices.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up