INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop Duplicates in Playlists  (Read 745 times)

kentschu

• Recent member
Stop Duplicates in Playlists
« on: December 17, 2003, 01:15:41 pm »

I'm not sure what version this changed, but in the past, when I added songs to a playlist I did not need to worry about whether or not I had already added it because it would not be duplicated in the list if it was already there.
This feature was awesome.  It saved me so much time since I didn't have to double check every time I was adding to my favorite playlists.

In more recent versions, it does not have this feature.  If I accidentally add a song for a second (or third or fourth) time to a playlist, it simply adds it.  What a pain.  Now I have to scour through my lists looking for duplicates.  I can understand that some people might want to have the exact same song twice in a playlist (though I'm not sure why).  But it seems like a much more useful feature to avoid duplicates.  

Can this feature be enabled in some manner through option settings?  If not, can you add back this capability?
Thanks.

Kent

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Stop Duplicates in Playlists
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 01:32:26 pm »

You can right click on the playlist and pick "Remove Duplicates".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kentschu

• Recent member
Re:Stop Duplicates in Playlists
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 01:53:56 pm »

Thanks.  That is definitely helpful.  But it sure would be a useful system setting/option to be able to simply select whether or not we want MC to create the duplicates in the first place.   I have lots of playlists (at least 60 or 70) and after adding songs to playlists, I still have to remember to go to each and every playlist that I added songs and tell it to "remove duplicates".  Or is there a way to "remove duplicates" from all the playlists at the same time?
Thanks for the helpful tip.

Kent
Pages: [1]   Go Up