INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me get the volume control to work in MC !  (Read 851 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Please help me get the volume control to work in MC !
« on: December 18, 2003, 03:57:55 pm »

Hi,

I have had this problem for quite a while (both in MC9 and MC10). I would really like to use volume control in MC but it does not work. The volume control in Windows media player, real player and sonic cine dvd player works fine however.

The volume control in MC is simply stuck at 100% and would not slide down. If I right click; it mutes the sound; but only the left speaker sound. The right speaker sound is at 100%!

The issue is most likely my sound card. I have lynxsys's L22 sound card (http://www.lynxstudio.com). This card presents it's left and channel as separate controllable devices to windows. Even the windows volume control button in the windows taskbar's lower right corner only changes the left speaker's volume but not right speakers. The funny thing is if I change the volume using windows volume control then the sound slider in MC also changes accordingly! This is the only way I have seen MC's volume slider changing it's position from 100%. This is pretty useless to control the volume though as it controls only left channel.

If it is relevant, I use ASIO output plugin; which works great. If I change output plugin to anything else (wave out or directsound); it does not effect the volume slider.

thanks,
Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Please help me get the volume control to work in MC !
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 04:56:27 pm »

OK. I have found a solution to this in the archive. It is the "Internal Volume" option on the little speaker icon left of volume slider!!

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up