INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FileAssociations.xml  (Read 1020 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
FileAssociations.xml
« on: December 17, 2003, 05:17:45 pm »

Had a look today at this new file. Looks as if it could be extended easily. What about extensions for Office files such as .doc, .xls, .pdf, .ppt etc. and an associated application to start such as

.doc        Winword
.xls          Excel
.ppt         Powerpoint
.pdf         Acrobat Reader

Then we could use MC to tag all those files as well and we would have a much better and comprehensive file management tool than Windows Explorer. This could be a Big Win with probably little effort on J River's side. Tags would probably be only in the library, but that would be enough for the time being.

So I would select a .doc File in Media Library and MC10 would start the associated WinWord application. Think about it!

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:FileAssociations.xml
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 06:09:31 pm »

That sound to me like a great idea!

Already, I have all sorts of other documents in my MP3 directories. Documents such as Web pages describing the artist or album, test or Word files with lyrics and bios, etc.

Not only would it be cool to access them from MC, but it would also eliminate a problem that I've always had. It would allow me to use MC to move these directories and ALL of it's content. Today, MC will only move the media files and leave behing all of my other files that it cannot relate to today...  

Michel. :)

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:FileAssociations.xml
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 09:05:53 am »

This was discussed some time ago during a debate on what constitutes media and I voted in favour at the time. I have thousands of PDF's on my system and would love to be able to keep track of them using MC's tagging and search stsem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up