INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .388 problems (CD burning)  (Read 1307 times)

patrick.c

• nothing more to say...
.388 problems (CD burning)
« on: December 03, 2002, 03:43:36 am »

Hi!

I burn my own mp3 CD's with jukebox (Data-Mode) and it worked fine, but I updated to the 0.388 sometimes ago and I tried to burn a CD again, but there occur filesystem errors... :-(
There is no special MP3, it happens randomly. There is no problem with the CDwriter and the server works fine (mounted samba drive)

I killed 4 cd's now....
Is this a known problem?

Bye,
Patrick

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: .388 problems (CD burning)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 09:59:26 am »

I haven't heard of this specific problem. Try fiddling with the "use generic driver" and "use internal aspi" settings. Actually the "use internal aspi" is only an option if you're on WinNT/2K/XP. If you're burning across a network, you might want to drop the burn speed.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

patrick.c

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 02:27:13 am »

I have WinXP so I have to activate aspi layer. When I activate the generic driver  the error during the burnprocess disappears, but the CD is not valid. Windows and Linux are not able to read it. Nero is able to see a track, but there are no options to trace the problem. The CD is "finished" and I used less space than possible (660 MB on a 700MB CD)
I Use a lite-on cdwriter (32x12x10) with burnproof.
I had no problems with the writer before. Nero still burns fine, the CD-type is ok, I burned several CDs of that type. (Phillips CD-R80, 24x)

I just want to create a few sampler for my car... :-(

patrick.c

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 03:11:26 am »

I deactivated the aspi layer and after that a dialog apeared and  it told me that the ASPI layer is not installed.
I don't know why, because last time I installed MJ and everything worked fine from the beginning.
Maybe a bug in the install routine? Aspi layer has been active since the installation.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2002, 05:07:21 am »

Nero is known to interfere with MJ unless your using the latest (Nero) updates. Check to see if you have latest ver.

Update MJ to B393

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up