INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Process for making exact duplicate of CD.  (Read 1720 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Process for making exact duplicate of CD.
« on: December 22, 2003, 12:05:05 am »

I'm a bit unclear on the specific process for simply making and exact duplicate of a CD with MC.  I know you can rip uncompressed WAV and then select the songs and create a CD from the list, but I DON'T want to add any changes to the tracks like normalization or changing the pauses, etc, and I don't want to actually import these songs into the database and have to delete them later.

In other words, what is the most basic MC procedure for simply ending up with the exact same CD I put in?  I looked over the manual, but it doesn't seem to specifically cover the idea of "duplicating" a CD.

Thanks for any details on this,

Larry

LisaRCT

Re:Process for making exact duplicate of CD.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 08:27:10 am »

1- CloneCD
2- EAC
3- Plextools

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 08:49:16 am »

You can select all of the files on a CD, then right click and "Send To" your CD burner. This will send the CDA files and it will burn successfully. I have 2 drives, and I send from one to the other. I'm not sure how this works if you only have 1 drive. I also don't know if this makes EXACT duplicates (i.e., ALL files, as in enhanced CDs), but it will duplicate the audio directly.

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 09:24:35 am »

Hi Crow,
Great Avatar!
I was thinking of using a pic of my baby also (4-string variety), but you beat me to it   :P
I still may   ;)
Hey dude, wanna jam??   ;D

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 10:01:44 am »

Lisa,

Thanks!  And I'd love to see your 4-string baby!  The more guitar avatars the better  ;D

And I'm definitely down for that jam session... :)

In the meantime, you can see me and my baby in action (get your minds out of the gutter  ;D)....some pics are here (it's my band's website)...

crow

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 10:19:11 am »

I may have to post an avatar of my baby too to up the number of geetar related avatars...mine is a custom built Patrick Eggle New York (a sadly now defunct English Luthier).  Personally built for a friend of my dads who then decided he didn't want it as he had too many guitars already.  Absolute bargain...got it for £250 wheras it had cost him £650.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 10:30:48 am »

Listening to: 'Track 04' from 'title' by 'artist' on Media Center 9.1

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 11:04:58 am »

NoCode,

That sounds great. Not shown on that website is my recently-acquired 1968 Fender Telecaster....I have a new baby....     :)   and it was a gift so it was free  :)  :)

crow

LisaRCT

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 09:25:56 pm »

1- CloneCD
2- EAC
3- Plextools

I was hoping for a "Media Center" solution so I wouldn't have to use different apps to take care of my music CD needs.

You can select all of the files on a CD, then right click and "Send To" your CD burner. This will send the CDA files and it will burn successfully. I have 2 drives, and I send from one to the other. I'm not sure how this works if you only have 1 drive. I also don't know if this makes EXACT duplicates (i.e., ALL files, as in enhanced CDs), but it will duplicate the audio directly.

crow

This doesn't seem to apply to a single drive system.  MC doesn't seem to understand the idea of copying files TO the same drive as the one you're copying FROM.

Doesn't anybody else find a "duplicate CD" function conspicuously missing from MC?  This feature strikes me as an obvious necessity when dealing with music CD's -- i.e. a single button for "copy entire CD."

Larry

LisaRCT

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 01:22:12 am »

Doesn't anybody else find a "duplicate CD" function conspicuously missing from MC?  

Larry

Yup,
Certainly do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up