INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist issue when Music location changed  (Read 744 times)

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
Playlist issue when Music location changed
« on: December 21, 2003, 02:44:19 pm »

I searched the help files, faqs and forums, but couldn't find an answer to this specific problem... Hopefully someone out there can help!

I have recently moved all my music from the C: drive to my D: drive, reformatted my C: Drive, and installed MJ8. (I have a copy of the old library directory)

Importing my music files (mp3s) gets all the music into the library, but doesn't get back my playlists. I tried merging my old library into the new one, which gets back my playlists, and tried a library update, but all the file location of all the songs in the playlist still point to the C: drive. How do I update all the playlists so they point to the new location of my music, the D: drive?

Thanks for any and all help!

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Playlist issue when Music location changed
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 03:11:48 pm »

Never mind - I figured it out...

Select Songs in playlist (Ctrl-A)
Right-Click, Select "Properties"
Tools | Find & Replace
Check "Location"
Type "C:\" in Find:
Type "D:\" in Replace:
Click Ok
Click Save

Perhaps should be an option in importing music that playlists can be updated automatically to the new location. Better yet, have playlists point to the music file's location in it's properties rather than hard-coded to an absolute location, so that playlists don't know the absolute location, they just get it from the database. Just my 2cents...
Pages: [1]   Go Up