INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unfinished business with MC9.1.316  (Read 1039 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Unfinished business with MC9.1.316
« on: January 09, 2004, 02:29:52 am »

I've been spending a lot of time using MC9.1.316 (I can't move to MC10 until recursive folder viewing is possible in My Computer) and I've compiled a list of small things that should really be fixed to call it a finished product. Maybe if these points can be addressed in a 9.1.317 build then we can do so.

Most of the points have to do with appearance and minor niggles. Shouldn't be a big deal to address them. In many cases, the solution can be found in the forums. It's just a matter of wrapping them into the MC9 package.

Aesthetics
  • There isn't a single visually integrated look available in the program by default, including Mini-Me, Mega-Me, Track Info templates. The default skin covers only the Mega-Me. Either give knickelfarz all the inducements he needs to finish the Blue Steel Mini-me & track info screens, or set PixOs or Classic O'Clock as the default, together with their associated Mini-mes, track infos, visualizations.
  • A lot of the track info skins (eg. Tropic, Dreamstate) and the visualization collages look like proof of concepts. They don't really match the look of the rest of the program and seem unpolished. Why not include the best of the ones from the forums, and delete the "rough drafts"?
  • Terminology confusion between "Image" and "Cover Art". The Tools/Image menu actually refers to Cover Art. However, when you choose "Image" as the visual in Playing Now, it is actually referring to image files. When you choose "None" it will show Cover Art, if available. So if I add cover art using the "Image" menu and choose "Image" in playing now, nothing will happen! Suggest renaming the Tools/Image menu to Tools/Cover Art. Suggest renaming the option in playing now from "None" to "Cover Art".
  • Hairstyle, Mega-me, Mini-me naming... I think this has been adequately discussed before...
Bugs
  • Wrong cover art/inability to add cover art manually
  • CD burning issues (various)
  • iPod syncing (I know Steve's working hard on this - make sure latest plugin is backwards compatible with MC9.1)
  • Uninstall problems - uninstaller doesn't remove shell extensions, which messes up right click in Windows. Also, message about "can't find options.xml" AFTER uninstall. This counts as a "showstopper" bug by the way.

Marko

Re:Unfinished business with MC9.1.316
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 04:19:41 am »

To be honest, if previous experience is anything to go by, I don't fancy your chances much. Be nice if I'm proved wrong though huh?

Listening to: "Dreamer" from the album "The Very Best Of Supertramp" by "Supertramp" -- Duration: 3:31 minutes ~ 744 kbps ape ~ 18.7 MB

:D

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 08:46:58 am »

Hasn't MC9.1 become the 'orphan-child' now that MC10 is in the works?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 08:49:18 am »

It's a well loved child.  It just doesn't need any more care.

No more work will be done on 9.1 unless we find a disastrous bug and that's highly unlikely at this point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up