INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC import EXIF comments with jpegs?  (Read 878 times)

Bob in LA

• Recent member
Can MC import EXIF comments with jpegs?
« on: December 23, 2003, 01:24:19 pm »

Hey everyone,

Happy Holidays and a quick question.  I'm starting to use MC 9.316 for images.  I'm testing cam2pc which allows editing/saving of the EXIF comment.  When I import into MC, I can't see the comment information.  Does anyone know how to import/display this and alot of the other EXIF tags which don't seem to be there for me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bob L.

P.S.  The cam2pc seems to have a nice set of features (importing/simple corrections/pdf-exe slideshow creation, etc.) for my somewhat software learning challenged wife, who likes thing as obvious and intuitive as possible.  No cataloging, however.

sraymond

Re:Can MC import EXIF comments with jpegs?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 02:11:58 pm »

You can see the EXIF tags by going to the Action Window's "File Properties" -> "File Type Info".  But you can't really do anything with them.  The only thing that MC does is take the date from the EXIF tag and populate the MC date field.

I'm not sure what the benefit of seeing EXIF tags are, if you can't use them for anything within MC.  This has been brought up before (do a search on INTERACT for "EXIF"), but to no avail.  For example, I'd like to sort my photos by camera (which is in an EXIF tag).

Scott-

Bob in LA

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 03:35:24 pm »

Hey Scott,

Thanks for checking in.  When I select an image (in MC 9.316) and open the action window it brings up a track info screen.  This shows only a small portion of the EXIF data and no comment.  I can't seem to find file properties anywhere in the program.  Am I missing something basic here?  In any event, if it can only be viewed and not searched, sorted, or transferred into tags that could be, it may be of limited value as you pointed out.

Regards,

Bob L.

sraymond

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 06:16:23 pm »

Bob L.,

I'm running v10, and I can't remember if the EXIF information is in the same place - but I'd bet a six-pack of beer that it's somewhere in the File Properties which should be selectable in the lower left-hand corner window.  Sorry I can't be more specific...

Anyone have v9.1 running that can specify exactly where to find this?

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up