INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto search bar for ALL mc!  (Read 1939 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
auto search bar for ALL mc!
« on: December 27, 2003, 05:25:18 pm »

hi guys!

i was wondering all of a sudden if there is any way to configure that the usefull search button will either know automaticly to search just audio or even all the media library since every time im in a mc mode as in playing now or images etc and i feel like hearing a specific song there isa this whole long process of going to media library or audio and then waiting for the soring process etc... (which takes a long time since i have 40,000 songs im my library..any suggestions?
thx
zeltak  :) ;)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:auto search bar for ALL mc!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 06:11:44 pm »

Ctrl-F automatically searches the entire library
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 06:12:18 pm »

I am still wondering why there is a search box for the "Start" Page

and why if i type in a search parm that it is always erased from area to area.

and why is it so small
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 07:43:20 pm »

and why if i type in a search parm that it is always erased from area to area.

Yeah, me too with this one.
I used to try use it as a filter for MC so I could type in: year=2002  and then browse from section to section and all my schemes etc would be intact but would only show music or pictures from that year. I thought I was being super smart and it was a great way of doing it. Unfortunately I quickly found out MC wipes it :(

I know it was introduced to help beginners as they'd get confused if not all their files were showing if the search remained but an IE type options here would be perfect when the person changes views: 'your search criteria are currently refining your search to only a small selection of your files, to see all your files simply delete the search criteria
[] never show this again'

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 02:39:19 am »

hi!
ctrl-f searches the library by going back and loading all the panes with the sorting porocces that still takes between 5-7 sec each time which is a bit of a neussence..(is it normal to take that long on a 1.7 GHz 500 GB ram computer...i do have 40,000 songs but still...). anyway what i was wondering was if there was a search option that skipps going to media library and just serached from where it is IE playing now, my comuter etc..that way i can add the songs i want withought going through the whole waiting process

thx and seasons greetings

Zeltak

nila

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 05:29:03 am »

Zel - the search box does that. :)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 08:36:25 am »

either my mc is screwed, the problem is in the user ( ;)) or it just dosn't work nila. i tried being at playing now or other locations other then the library and i got no results on nothing when i search ...what am i doing wrong? i have the latest mc 10 beta

zeltak :)

nila

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 06:51:45 am »

Not sure, something funny your end.
I just tested it - went to playing now with a bunch of files.

Did  name=yes  in the search bar and the list of files displayed in playing now got reduced to the one that had the name 'yes'.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 07:04:21 am »

hi nila , maybe i didnt explain it properly im trying to search ALL my media library from playing now not just whats in playing now. for example if i have an album in playing now lets say pink floyd the wall..and i feel like a specific song i want to search for...lets say the sound of silence i need to go to the media library view and search there, i cant use the search bar from the playing now view rather just search in it as you say...so is there a way to do it? thx alot

Zeltak  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up