INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party Mode  (Read 1247 times)

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
Party Mode
« on: December 28, 2003, 07:30:19 am »

How can I set Media Center 10 to start up in Party Mode?

I need to run it on other machines in the house accessing the library from a server want the other machines to be play only from start-up.

I'd also like to be able to block access to some files - explicit lyrics etc. I know that this feature is not implemented but as MC 10 is an all singing all dancing Media Center in the truest sense then some form of parental control would make sense.

All help appreciated.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Party Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 02:17:50 pm »

Unfortunately you can not start in Party Mode...

Be careful with PM, the other thing that happens is if you or someone makes changes in PM to tags, and Turns PM off, it will change the tags....

Check This Out.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17810;start=msg122986#msg122986
-

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 03:50:38 pm »

When JRiver get some time to work on Party Mode it should be able to do this, at the moment you can do some limited access blocking... well, not blocking as such - more hiding :)  

In summary:
make a smart-playlist to filter out the explicit songs.

In ramble :) -
Once of the things I'm doing with my library is marking songs with explicit lyrics with a keyword 'swearing' (keyword being a semi-colon delimited list you can add many things to it... eg 'swearing;hiccups;incomplete') then make a smart playlist with '  -keywords="swearing"  ' [call it what you will to hide it's true purpose, 'My Favourites' might confuse anyone looking at it :) ...hopefully not you too :)] then right-click the DSP-Options button (next the the shuffle button, up there near the progress bar) and select the playlist from the 'Playback Filter'/'Play Only' menu item.  Depending on how much the kids (or whoever) knows about MC, they should not even notice.  [size=-2](A good party mode feature would be being able to set a filter and stop anyone from change it - 'Lock Playback Filter').[/size]

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 04:04:38 pm »

I'd also like to be able to block access to some files - explicit lyrics etc. I know that this feature is not implemented but as MC 10 is an all singing all dancing Media Center in the truest sense then some form of parental control would make sense.

I agree, I have used a genre tag to indicate 'explicit' material and then using my View Schemes to hide these files so my children do not stumble upon them.  I would much prefer something a bit more sophisticated.

Be careful with PM, the other thing that happens is if you or someone makes changes in PM to tags, and Turns PM off, it will change the tags....

Well that makes it about as useful as nipples on a bull.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 04:53:54 pm »

That's what I thought
-

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 12:27:54 pm »

Party mode should allow NO editing of the library whatsoever. It should just be a browsing mode w/ all settings and editing disabled.

LisaRCT

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2003, 01:08:36 pm »

Party mode should allow NO editing of the library whatsoever. It should just be a browsing mode w/ all settings and editing disabled.

Agreed

fex

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2003, 03:05:16 pm »

Agree. What other reason for a Party Mode?
Pages: [1]   Go Up