INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Real Audio to Windows Media problem  (Read 854 times)

maucek

• Errrm...?
Real Audio to Windows Media problem
« on: March 15, 2004, 10:10:12 pm »

Hi!

I've recently downloaded Media Jukebox. In general, I'm very impressed and tempted to registar. However, I have a lot of Real Audio (*.ra) files that I want to convert to Windows Media files (*.wma), and I don't know how to do it.

There's no problem with any other format I've tried, other than Real Audio.

When I open the "convert files" window, all the real audio file's status are set to "Unsupported type". But I know that Media Jukebox does support real audio files. It says so on your website, and it plays them perfectly.

At first I thought the programme may not have installed properly, so I installed it again, and the same thing happened. I even downloaded it a second time, in case there was a download error, and installed it a third time, and still the same thing happened.

I've tried using help, but, if anything, It's made me even more confused. It talks about "plug-ins". I'm not sure exactly what a plug-in is, but is there one that lets me convert real audio? I checked the website and couldn't find one.

I'd greatly appreciate any help you can give!

---maucek---

PS I looked at the FAQs and used the search button at the top to look through the forums for a similar post but couldn't find anything relevant except for this in the thread pinned at the top...

For problems with Real Audio or Real Video, please see this thread:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1024579130
The link doesn't lead to anywhere useful, and it probably needs to be updated.
When will it end?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Real Audio to Windows Media problem
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 10:55:56 pm »

Keep in mind that playing RA files is not the same as converting. MJ is using RealPlayer as it's playback engine (apparently). There's probably something out on the 'net that will convert. RA files are a protected (read DRM'd) format AFAIK.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up