INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Belkin Internet Keyboard media keys skip tracks!  (Read 876 times)

Keyth_Owen

• Recent member
Belkin Internet Keyboard media keys skip tracks!
« on: December 28, 2003, 06:36:37 pm »

I just picked up a Belkin Internet keyboard with media keys. The media keys work in MC, but when I hit the 'Next Track' or 'Previous Track' keys, MC skips FIVE tracks, rather than one. I've tried just tapping the key lightly, thinking it was my fat fingers pushing too hard and sending multiple signals, but that doesn't work.  It seems the keyboard is sending multiple requests to skip tracks with only one keypress.

Any ideas how to make this thing behave?

jleerigby

Re:Belkin Internet Keyboard media keys skip tracks!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 11:39:36 am »

I'm not familiar with the Belkin but most of these keyboards allow you to manually configure the keys to do anything you want.  If that's the case check out my advice in this thread.  Let me know if it works.

Keyth_Owen

• Recent member
Re:Belkin Internet Keyboard media keys skip tracks!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 12:01:07 am »

I thought of that, but the problem is that the keys seem to be pre-programmed for the Belkin model. There's no setup program attached to it, and no software aside from a driver.

I have experimented with it, and if I feather-touch the key REALLY fast, I CAN get it to skip only two tracks, minimum, so it seems the key is ultra-sensitive. Is there a way, perhaps, to limit Media Center's input for track advancement so it doesn't get these multiple inputs?

Oddly, in Windows Media Player, the key only advances one track...

I have returned it, and switched to a Logitech that doesn't even have media keys, but I'm hoping I can convert the internet keys into media keys of a sort.

I wish all keyboard manufacturers would include customization software, instead of hard-wiring the functions into the keyboard.  They assume I'm using IE, and I'm not, so the darn internet keys don't work. They assume I'm using Windows Media, and I'm not, so the darn media keys are useless..!

GRRR!
Pages: [1]   Go Up