INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and PC Anywhere  (Read 906 times)

jaylopez

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC and PC Anywhere
« on: December 30, 2003, 03:11:14 pm »

Does anyone have problems running MC, and controlling that PC with PCAnywhere?  I've tried it on a few different machines, and MC doesn't repaint the screen correctly on the Remote machine's screen when you click on anything or have a pop up window.  The host machine (running MC and PCAnywhere) looks fine on it's own screen.  It's just the remote machine that has problems getting a correctly painted screen.

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re:MC and PC Anywhere
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 04:11:22 pm »

Maybe try VNC (http://www.realvnc.com) or TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com/) for remote control.

Both of these are freeware. TightVNC is almost identical, but uses compression to speed up response over slow links...
Cheers
Rob

jaylopez

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 09:17:11 am »

Thanks!  TightVNC works much better because it has an option to repaint the whole screen.   :D

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 12:37:33 pm »

I used to use PCAnywhere to run MC.  The only problem I remember was how long it took to update the screen.  It was slow, but it did repaint the screen properly.  I did have to compromise on the UI...  reduced colors and resolution; it also switched the host desktop to pre-XP style.

sraymond

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 01:29:02 pm »

If running WinXP, the best and easiest solution (IMHO) is Remote Desktop.  It's built-in and gives great security and performance.

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up