INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: removing empty folders/deleted files in MC9  (Read 748 times)

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
removing empty folders/deleted files in MC9
« on: December 31, 2003, 03:00:45 am »

i am currently backing up my music folders using second copy 2000, which makes an exact copy of my primary folders (i.e. deletes any folders/files that are not on my primary drive).  the problem that i have is that when files are deleted from my back up copy because they do longer exist on my primary copy, MC9 does not remove the files from my media library.  they still show as being on my back up drive, but with an different icon - a white piece of paper with a red cross instead of two blue musical notes.  i cannot play these files of course because they don't exist, but i want to be able to remove them from my media library without having to manually search through thousands of tracks to find the ones that i need to delete.

is there a function similar to the remove empty folders function that i could use to remove this unwanted info from my media library?

thanks, nick. ::) :P

Sundog_AK

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:removing empty folders/deleted files in MC9
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 03:17:08 am »

Go to the menu in MC.  

Go to File...Library...Update Library

On the cleanup portion, check the box called "Remove Files Which Do Not Exist..."

Hit "Update" button.  It will remove any file that is no longer on your drive and update MC accordingly.  Also useful if you move things around outside of MC since it will get rid of any non-existent links within MC.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 09:49:06 am »

I don't think that also removes empty folders ... anybody know of a lightweight utility to do same?

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 11:02:36 am »

I use a small freeware utility called 'Folder Report' from

http://members.lycos.co.uk/nirsoft/

It scans a drive and reports a folders contents
i.e.: how many- files/folders/mb it contains . . . .
Very handy for locating empty folders, although I am sure there must be a better way.

BTW, they also have some other handy utilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up