INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems converting VQF files  (Read 946 times)

MrCC

Problems converting VQF files
« on: December 03, 2002, 01:06:21 am »

I am having problems converting some vqf format files.  What I would like to do is make them into Lame VBR MP3, a process I do sometimes from some other formats.
I am running 8.0.392, and the latest Lame is installed.  The program went and retrieved the VQF encoder when I imported the vqf files.
First problem is that it doesn't seem to want to even play the files.  I noticed in the html view of the page of encoders that vqf was for MJv7.

When I try to encode/convert, it just sits there saying 'decoding'.

I guess the problem is I am trying to do something the program won't do, but I haven't found this stated anywhere.

I even tried running up an older MJv7 on anither computer, so it could work with vqf.  The problem there was that it wouldn't work with Lame.

Surprisingly a search of the complete site in forums for 'vqf' returned zero results.  Is this never discussed?

Can someone please clarify the situation with vqf and conversion in MJ8?

MrCC

Re: Problems converting VQF files
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 02:17:54 am »

Bump....

Please someone, this can't be that difficult a thing to get an answer on.

I wish that the Search function had found something for me, but it didn't.  I did try it firstoff.

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 08:04:20 am »

You probably haven't gotten any responses because there are probably very few people here who have ever used VQF.

Can you use the older version of MJ to convert the VQFs to WAVs and then use the newer version of MJ to convert the WAVs to MP3?

Rob

MrCC

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 12:31:12 pm »

Good thought Rob.   Probably.
I'll give it a go and see what happens.  Seems like it should be able to work.
Should have thought of that one.  Thanks.

I've never seen a vqf before either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up