INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashes, file import error  (Read 1316 times)

happy5

• Recent member
  • Media Center all the way...
MC crashes, file import error
« on: January 01, 2004, 01:51:53 pm »

This version of MC is quite buggy in my system. It crashes when importing media files for no apparent reason. Uninstallling does not solve the problem. Seems the problems occurs when the scanned files reach over 800 or so. This is incredibly frustrating... previous versions where quite stable.

Can somebody please help? Where can I download previous builds of the program?  

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:MC crashes, file import error
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 01:56:29 pm »

1. update to the latest version.

2. more than likely there is a media file your trying to import is corrupt or MC9\MC10 (you did not state what version you had)

if you move some files to a folder try to import them a few at a time until you find the media file MC crashes on.

J river may want the file that your system crashes on.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

happy5

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 02:16:54 pm »

I have the 9.1.316 version of MC... will download the beta version (v10). I already tried most of your suggestions and removed the "suspected" corrupt file, but that did not work.

By the way, how do you define corrupt file? The files work just fine on iTunes, Irfanview, even Windows Media Player for Chrissakes!j They're properly named with no extra characters.

And just in case, where can I download previous builds of MC? Or it isn't possible??

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 03:14:14 pm »

By the way, how do you define corrupt file?

well sometimes The Mpeg frames are corrupt, and sometimes the ID3v2 tag is corrupt.

both sometimes creates problems.

it is possable it is a bug in MC9 reading the tags.

there was some work done in 10.0.27 reading ID3v1.1 tags not sure if anything else was done.

but if you find the file it craps out on Matt may want it so he can fix MC, since the program should not crash that for sure is a bug (Making It Crash Proof)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 08:41:37 pm »

happy5,

This could be something similar to my problem. Matt says they're gonna do some digging around to see what's up.

I can't import in normal mode in xp, I always have to use safe mode to import. I can have mc import a directory with all the files already imported and it will crash.

happy5

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 10:04:49 pm »

Thanks for the replies. I haven't tried MC v10 still but soon we'll know if its a version bug or a problem with my files. I'd really appreciate it if Matt (or whoever is in charge here  8) ) does some testing.

happy5

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2004, 09:38:30 pm »

Well it's official: the newer builds of MC (now with v10 beta) have crapped out on me. I've tried all of your suggestions but it crashes whenever importing files (around the 800 scanned file). Yes, I removed the "800th" file and it still crashes with the following error signature:

Media Core has encounterd a problem and blah, blah...

AppName: media jukebox.exe    AppVer: 10.0.27.0    ModName: ole32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1263    Offset: 0001213e

Funny how there's not a section where registered users can download previous builds... I may have to resort to Kazaa Lite!

If anybody has encountered this problem and has worked a fixed around it please reply.

LisaRCT

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 09:01:25 am »

What version do you seek?
I may have it archived as I have not cleaned out my download folder in a while.
If you have broadband I can email it to you  :)
Send me a PM or an eMail and I will be glad to assist.

happy5

• Recent member
Found the crap file!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 10:19:19 am »

Well, I was tinkering around and found out MC v10 beta, as well as the last build of v9 (9.136 I think) crashes when it tries to import any kind of video file. Now, all my music is there, but the videos need to be imported manually.

I'll download some codecs from the website - maybe that'll fix the problem. But it'd be great if the developers could check MC's stability when importing video files over 80 MB.

As for previous versions, thanks but it'd be better if Matt or someone else setup a small FTP server with the previous builds. It really is kind of ridiculous to try a beta and not having a previous build to resort to.

LisaRCT

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 10:51:21 am »

I hear ya there . . . .   ever since there was an issue with one of the MC9 builds and someone could not find an older build to step-back to, I have stopped deleting my older builds for a while, just in case . . .  hard drive space is cheap these days   ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up