INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 bugs with smartlist & view schemes  (Read 15451 times)

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
2 bugs with smartlist & view schemes
« on: January 03, 2004, 06:17:24 pm »

I'm having trouble combining smartlists/smartlist rules/view schemes in two different situations. I've posted this a couple of times, but haven't had a response. :)

I followed Marko's directions for his Recently Imported View Scheme from his post in this thread and it works great:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=display;board=5;threadid=17560;start=0#msg121935

So, I thought I'd try to do something similar using several time-limited smartlists. *

* See my post farther down in this thread

My next problem.

I created a custom semicolon delimited field called Artist (related). For example, I have tracks by Tenacious D and I also have tracks by Jack Black (who is a member of Tenacious D). So for the Jack Black tracks I put Tenacious D in the Artist (related) field. I then created a view scheme called Tenacious D & friends. I set the view scheme filter properties to Artist: Tenacious D and Artist (related): Tenacious D, which should give me a view scheme that shows all Tenacious D tracks and all Jack Black tracks. However, for some reason, when I add the Artist (related) parameter to the filter I get an empty view scheme. The weird thing is that I have the same type of view schemes for other artists that were created in v9.1 and they still work in v10, but creating the scheme from scratch in v10 doesn't work. The same problem exists when using those rules in a smartlist, rather than a view scheme.

Thanks, Rob

LisaRCT

Re:2 problems with smartlist rules & view schemes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 07:13:52 pm »

Too obvious, so easily overlooked:
Is there an 'Honor Parent Scheme Search Strings' possibly affecting this?

Marko

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 01:49:48 am »

Rocketsauce, I duped your random smartlist here and it works OK for me. I created the VS under "audio" keeping the "honour parent" ticked and "sort: [random]" in the filter.

For your second one, the only thing, apart from this being a bug, that I can imagine affecting this is, did you set the "default search field" for [artist (related)] ?

-marko.

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 04:21:18 am »

Thanks for checking it out.

For your second one, the only thing, apart from this being a bug, that I can imagine affecting this is, did you set the "default search field" for [artist (related)]?

Yes, the default search field option is checked. This has to be a bug. As I mentioned, I built the same view scheme for other artists in v9.1 that transferred to v10, and they still work correctly. It's only when I try to create this type of scheme anew in v10 that the problem arises.

When I installed v10, I backed up the v9.1 library, did a clean install of 10 and then restored the 9.1 backup. I guess I can still try completely uninstalling then reinstalling 10 and recreate the library from scratch, rather than restoring a backup. I'd hate to have to do that, though, as I would have quite a few custom fields as well as many view schemes to recreate.

Thanks, Rob

Media Center Registered 10.0.27 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 731 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 86 MB
Resource Info: System - 52 %, GDI - 77 %, User - 52 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

rocketsauce

Re:2 problems with smartlist rules & view schemes (**thread contains pics**)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 06:01:38 am »

bump

rocketsauce

Re:2 bugs with smartlist rules & view schemes (**thread contains pics**)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 09:58:42 pm »

I figured out what the bug is when using the random time limited smartlists in a view scheme.

I created this playlist group with these smartlists:

+ Random
    1 Hour
    1 Hour - Promo Only
    1 Hour - Remixes
    2 Hours

When selecting these smartlists in the Playlist node of the tree, they all work correctly.

I then created a new View Scheme named Random/Album/Artist. In the filter I specified Media Type: Audio. Under View I specified the Random playlist group/Album/Artist, so I end up with 3 panes:

Random                    |  Album  |  Artist
-------------------------------------------------
1 Hour
1 Hour - Promo Only
1 Hour - Remixes
2 Hours

Now, if I select the 1 Hour item in the Random pane, it makes a track selection with a total time of around 2h 45m to 3h. The other three items all select tracks that total the correct amounts of time respectively. The problem seems to do with how the smartlists are named. The first item in the list, 1 Hour, appears to include total time for both of the other 1 Hour lists that are below it. If I rename the 1 Hour smartlist to 1-Hour or One Hour, then it works correctly in the view scheme.

I'm still seeing the bug for the Artist/Artist (related) smartlists and view schemes described in my first post in this thread.

Rob

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
Re:2 bugs with smartlist rules & view schemes
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 02:00:56 am »

Another option is to use "1 hour] or [1 hour] instead of "1 hour".... "xyz" looks for xyz in any part of the string, [xyz" looks for anything beginning with xyz, "xyz] matches anything ending with xyz and [xyz] is exactly xyz.  I remember reading this in the help file... just haven't got time to look it up at the moment and give you a reference.

EDIT: One second thought... you probably can't do much about this with the view panes... though I thought they'd be exact matches (though testing proves otherwise... -should- they be exact matches? I think so.)

rocketsauce

Re:2 bugs with smartlist rules & view schemes
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 05:50:40 am »

Thanks, but the string syntax doesn't really have anything to do with my problem. It is the actual names of the smartlists that are causing the problem when a playlist group full of similarly named smartlists are incorporated in to a view scheme.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up