INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm not able to (re)install Media Center. HELP!!!  (Read 1535 times)

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love MJ V9! At last cover view! Big Kiss!!!
I'm not able to (re)install Media Center. HELP!!!
« on: January 04, 2004, 02:36:26 pm »

Well, everything has begin this morning, when i've try  to open Media Center and this message has appeared
This beta of Media Center has timed out.
Please visit www.jrmediacenter.com to get the latest version.
I've made 2 things
1. buy the license, that i've received already
When i've recived the license have appeared the box with the message
license installled succesfuly
, or something like that
2. download the lastest version MediaCenter10027.exe. and TRY to install it.
When i write try i mean it.
I click on the exe and begin the first phase of the installation
media center set up is preparing install wizard wich will guide you through the rest of the set up process. Please wait

but after this don't make nothing, it fades out and doesn't do anything more, don't go to second phase of installation.

After 2 or 3 tries i uninstalled Media Center and try to install again MediaCenter10027.exe, but it happened the same than before, nothing. I've try to install previous versions like the one i was using before, MediaCenter10013, and even the MediaCenter91315, and MediaCenter9.1, with the same results, it begin the first phase of instalation but doesn't go further.
After see that nothing was working i've made a reset of the PC (restaurar sistema in spanish/system restauration in english?)to 3 days ago, so Media Center is installed again. I click on the icon to open it at appear this
Critical Error
A JRiver Media Core component failed to load the product info file:

C:\Archivos de programa\J River\Media Center\Data\Default Resources\Options.xml

Please reinstall the latest version of the JRiver Media Core program under the current user account to correct this problem

I've TRY to reinstall again the latest version i was using but the instalation doesn't work

This is not the first time that my beta expired but last time with version 9 beta the solution was easy (but i don't remember wich one was), but is the first time i have a problem instaling Media Center.

Keep in mind that until yesterday it was working OK and that i don't have any problem with any other program.

I need some "useful" answer please. I don't want to use WMP to listen my music (therefore that today i've the license for Media Center v10)

LisaRCT

Re:I'm not able to (re)install Media Center. HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 03:36:21 pm »

Do you have Administrative rights as the user account you are logged on under?
MC requires Administrative privelages to install.

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 07:30:56 pm »

Do you have Administrative rights as the user account you are logged on under?
MC requires Administrative privelages to install.

I'm not sure about what you ask, but i'm using MC in my house pc and for my personal use, don't have any restriction. Therefore, as i've said before, i was using MC perfectly until yesterday (from some years ago)

Please, some of the technical people in MC, this seem like a very serious problem that is not being solved neither unsinstalling and reinstalling (well, if unless i were able to install it, probably i didn't have any problem ::)), neither ..., well, i don't know what other things to do to try to solve it.
HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 03:49:08 pm »

I can't believe that noone of the MC technical staff can't answer "something" about this problem. Right now, while i was looking for some answer to my problem i've read this other topic.http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17955
In some way, it is good to know that i'm not the only one with that problem; but by other way, i'm worried 'cause i've seen that no solution has been given.

Sorry for the bump, but as you can understand this is a very important problem that needs to be solved ? ? ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up