INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver advise?  (Read 1474 times)

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not
JRiver advise?
« on: January 05, 2004, 06:18:00 pm »

Can someone tell me how to delete Media Center off my computer and start over without losing my playlist, cover art, ratings and all other settings. I have used ver9 for about 9 months without any problems until I got the ver10 upgrade. I am not saying that ver10 is the problem but now I can not upload more than 250 songs(or 1.71gig) on my ipod before MC will stop the upload(it is not hardware- I can upload using Ephpod). As of today I cant even open Media Center. I have tried to reinstall and restore both versions but all I get is either a Media Core error message when I try to reinstall/run ver9- or an error message saying that the Beta version of ver10 has expired, even though I have paid for my registered copy of ver10. I downloaded the beta version10 on Dec27(just over a week ago) and purchased the upgrade a couple of days later so it seems to me that I should at least be able to access MC to do a restore of my license. I have my registration codes for ver9 and ver10 and the software is registered to me@ my email. I had all my jriver mail saved in a local folder in Outlook Express but lost that information when I restored a ghost image(FYI-my jriver “program” is on a completely different partition from the system partition that I restored with the ghost image). I hope there is some way that I can get all that information resent. I think the problem is way to complicated to fix in the forum and would appreciate someone from jriver telling me who I might contact to get all my account information straight(& resent) and to get MC working again without losing all my settings(that is important to me because I have been tweaking for 9mos and don’t want to lose all that work)
I appreciate your help.
Coscar

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:JRiver advise?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 06:30:28 pm »

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 06:45:41 pm »

King, you stirrer!
Cheers
Rob

Zarius

• World Citizen
  • Addicted to smilies.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 07:05:25 pm »

Not sure about the licence stuff... but as for the backing up:

Zarius: (from this thread)
To be extra sure you don't lose some settings, you could also back up the registry entry at -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\View Info
(I think that's all you need  , but I'd also back up the whole HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\ key just in case)

PS: Plugins such as AlbumView may store their setup info in different area's... this just covers the main library and your column layouts.
PPS: You should copy whole Media Center/Data directory somewhere safe (this directory stores your library, backups, thumbnails, and maybe your cover art)....   [size=-2]...oh, and if you -really- want to be safe, you could then burn it onto 13 cd's and post 12 of them out to friends, preferable half in other countries, and lock the 13th in the fireproof/ultra secure 15m thick double reinforced adamantium safe at the bottom of your bomb shelter/underground city block... [ well, maybe that's a bit much, but at least it'll be safe... wait, you probably need one copy off planet too... just to be sure :) ][/size]

King: I don't think that'll help his immediate problems... but I found it an interesting read... :)

samarah88

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Bucks!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 07:20:42 pm »

ROFLMAO...If I would have been drinking milk, it would have come out my nose. That was quite possibly the most subtle "smack" I have ever read.

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 07:45:05 pm »

Thanx Zarius, but I did not have the "\view info" entry under Media Jukebox using regedit.
and King~
Paragraphs are like neckties....... only folks that need others to tell them what is proper need them. If it is indentations that you crave, try reading from right to left.
Coscar

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 07:52:00 pm »

Do not know if i need neckties.

But your post is really unfriendly presented.
Not  making paragraphs in such a long test is acking to be impolite

PS: i do read from left to right most of the time.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 07:58:04 pm »

Okay, making paragraphs would make his post easier to read.

But.... it would be way better to kindly mention it to him, rather than publicly abuse him.  He's owed an apology.

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2004, 08:00:29 pm »

I apoligize and did not realize that my post was offensive. I was just looking for help and thought that was what was most important. I did not mean to offend anyone and will try to do better.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2004, 08:18:09 pm »

I did not mean to offend anyone and will try to do better.

Not Offened, It's just hard to read.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up