INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download to PC from IPOD  (Read 892 times)

shipodsh

• I'm a llama!
Download to PC from IPOD
« on: January 05, 2004, 12:47:25 pm »

I haved searched this and other forums (including AShawley's excellent guide) but found nothing specific to my query. Can anyone help with suggestions?

I want to use the MC9 feature to download mp3s FROM my Ipod TO my computer. Everything works until I select the target folder on my harddrive to download to. I click "OK" and I get the response: "File upload error."

My config is as follows:
2nd gen 20GB IPOD

Media Center Registered 9.1.316 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1792 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 10 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping / Drive E: Copy mode:Normal CD Type:Auto Read speed:Max
Drive F: Copy mode:Normal CD Type:Auto Read speed:Max
Digital playback: Yes / Use YADB: Yes / Get cover art: Yes / Calc replay gain: Yes / Copy volume: 32767
Eject after ripping: Yes / Play sound after ripping: No

Burning / Drive F: IOMEGA CDRW55292EXT3-B Addr: 2:0:0 Speed:48 MaxSpeed:48 BurnProof:Yes
Test mode: No / Eject after writing: Yes / Direct decoding: Yes / Write CD-Text: No
Use playback settings: No / Normalization: None

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Re:Download to PC from IPOD
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 12:56:40 pm »

Nope, you can't do this with MC.

I think most people would call this "uploading", btw.

There is a tool called Podutil which does this. Check out www.ipoding.com or www.ipodlounge.com and you should find it there.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 10:10:07 am »

shipodsh,

Actually you can do this. Do you get any numeric message after 'File Upload Error'? What happens if you manually (using Windows Explorer) copy a file from iPod to the directory where you are sending the file using MC?

Steve

shipodsh

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 11:56:18 am »

I never got a number behind the message. I did however successfully manually copy the files from IPOD to PC using Windows explorer and unhiding the Ipod_Control/Music folders.

I found that a tad bit painful and thought that MC9 properly worked. I also downloaded the PodUtil app but decided not to use it. So I guess my question remains? What went wrong using MC9's "Download to PC" feature?
Pages: [1]   Go Up