INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girder's Going Shareware  (Read 1461 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Girder's Going Shareware
« on: January 02, 2004, 05:39:41 pm »

Drowbe

Re:Girder's Going Shareware
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 06:41:01 pm »

It is really worth it.  I am suprised he hadn't done so already...

...however, girder is one of the least *useable* products I've ever had to wrestle.  I hope he makes the new $20 version easier to use/understand.  Once you *get* it, it sorta makes sense...which was fine for freeware.  If users are paying money, they will expect it to be easier to figure out.

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 08:54:15 pm »

It is really worth it.  I am suprised he hadn't done so already...

...however, girder is one of the least *useable* products I've ever had to wrestle.  I hope he makes the new $20 version easier to use/understand.  Once you *get* it, it sorta makes sense...which was fine for freeware.  If users are paying money, they will expect it to be easier to figure out.

I agree.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 05:56:57 am »

Wel, as I understand it this is the main reason for going shareware. They're going to get somebody to program a user interface that newbies can understand without the weekend of tinkering that it has taken so far.  ;) And yes, it's worth it, and Ron deserves it.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 04:16:20 pm »

I never really found Girder a problem to use and understand.  And I'm not saying that to brag or anything - I'm normally pretty dim when it comes to getting started.  That's why I put off the Girder thing for ages after LisaRCT commented that it's not for blonde girls (not that I'm a blonde or a girl for that matter).

I actually find Girder really easy to use and follow.  I hope they don't mess with it too much.  It has to be the second most powerful program I've ever come across.

Ron deserves to make some millions from it.

Drowbe

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 05:03:37 pm »

The basic tasks are easy to get going, but when you get a bit more advanced, it gets overly complicated.  Multigroups especially need to be easier to set up.

It is a powerful program, and I agree...Ron desierves to make a good chunk of change from it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up