INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recording difficulties  (Read 781 times)

wpeaton

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
recording difficulties
« on: December 03, 2002, 08:54:58 pm »

I posted a thread about this about a week ago. Was hoping to record some stuff off the 'Net for the Thanksgiving drive. Here's the recap:

In Media Jukebox 8 (perhaps 9, too?) the Media scheduler can't be used to start playing an arbitrary media file and then record it (in my case a .ram file pointing to a streaming audio archive on the Internet).

Theoretically, you might be able to first start playing the stream. Then wait a minute (tasks have to have a minimum 1 minute separation) and then start recording. There are two things wrong with this situation: 1) it doesn't work. the recording won't start. 2) even if it did work, you'd miss up to a minute worth of audio.

Then I tried writing a VBScript to send key strokes to Media Jukebox. Everything works well until you try to stop recording. There's no reliable way to send key strokes to the recording window. For that matter, there's no way to send keystrokes to any buttons in Media Jukebox.

It would be really nice if some of the button captions and menu captions had underscore characters in them, so Windows would know how to activate them with the Alt key. To do this in Visual Basic you add an ampersand in the caption of the control just before the underscored letter e.g.
  &File    becomes
  File
Then you can activate file by pressing Alt+f.

Pages: [1]   Go Up