INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Tuner - TV Guide problems and suggestion  (Read 1259 times)

Keyth_Owen

• Recent member
TV Tuner - TV Guide problems and suggestion
« on: January 06, 2004, 01:18:48 am »

While I appreciate the inclusion of a built-in link to TVguide.com with the TV tuner in MC, I have one minor quibble:  TVguide.com has too many pop-ups!

Is it at all possible to include some kind of pop-up blocking in the MC browser?  I use Mozilla, so my pop-up blocker is built-in, and I don't use an external program.  I'd like to be able to use the TVguide in MC without fighting back 3 or 4 pop-ups, but I'm really not interested in running a free-standing pop-up blocker (and hogging more system resources) when I alredy have one for my standard web browser.

So how about it?  A little pop-up blocker in MC's browser?  Please?!?!   ;D

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:TV Tuner - TV Guide problems and suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 09:48:55 am »

Why not try to include an integrated tv guide? I have tried this guide and it could be great to have not a complete web page but just a page with all cases and hours with all programs for the hour you have chosen.

Here in Quebec, we have Tvhebdo.com that have in frame a complete guide for the region and hour you want.

Or why not let us set what page you want for the tv guide? We are not all on USA  ?
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

sraymond

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 10:56:56 am »

An Electronic Programming Guide (EPG) would be a nice addition to MC.

Scott-

nila

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 08:33:01 am »

Amen.

What I dont get is why NONE of these programs that show TV, including MC, pick up Teletext just like a normal TV does to pull the information from that?
I dont think you have it in the US but MC is an international program notjust a US one. :(

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 08:38:46 am »

Amen.

What I dont get is why NONE of these programs that show TV, including MC, pick up Teletext just like a normal TV does to pull the information from that?
I dont think you have it in the US but MC is an international program notjust a US one. :(
Are you saying you do not get teletext even if you turn "Closed Captioning" option on?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up