INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multizone audio question  (Read 825 times)

cowboyz

• I'm a llama!
Multizone audio question
« on: January 06, 2004, 11:11:15 pm »

Is anybody using this for multizone audio?  I'm building a new home and have cat5, speaker cables, and cabling for KP/VC home run to a multimedia room. Will be listening to mp3s 99% of the time.  would like to use a soundcard with multiple outlets....wil be using networked computers in the bedrooms, but would like to use a hardwired touchpad in other zones.

thanks

johnp

• World Citizen
  • let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'
Re:Multizone audio question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 11:54:08 pm »

I think if you search for Multi Zone or multizone you will have more than you can read in a day or two.  so the short answer is yes, Media Center supports Multi Zone and there are plenty of people using that feature.  For Multichannel output I recommend the M-Audio Delta 410. It has 4 analog stereo output and one S/PDIF.  Sounds pretty good (especially the digital output) and is not too expesive for what you get.  Xantech (as well as many other manufaturers) makes keypads and IR distribution stuff.

Good Hunting,

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re:Multizone audio question
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 01:46:10 am »

You could start with my webpage, I have been multizoning since it first came, and I have a few solutions that might be viable. I have another approach than Cat5 cables, though.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up