INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combining songs on upload?  (Read 960 times)

dcwinton

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Combining songs on upload?
« on: January 07, 2004, 12:16:16 am »

I tried to find this, but no luck.  I probably didn't use the right terms.  But here's my question:  Is there a way to join two tracks so that they always play back in a set sequence even if the rest of the playback is shuffled?  For example, on a given CD two songs might seque into one another, but be recorded as two tracks.  Is there a way to preserve the seque, or, stated another way, combine the two tracks so that they're always together?  So the Dead's "China Cat Sunflower" into "I Know You Rider" is always China/Rider on playback?

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Combining songs on upload?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 01:36:05 am »

You can rip both tracks as a single track. Currently, Media Center does not have this feature, so you would have to find another ripping program that does.

Use mp3directcut or musicutter to rejoin the tracks.

Reripping would be the preferable method as joining to previously separate mp3s will probably create a small glitch or click at the join point.

Rob

dcwinton

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 12:42:11 pm »

Thank you.

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 06:13:57 pm »

EAC is a superb ripper that will let you combine tracks into one mp3.  (Action -> copy range).  You can rip to wav or rip and encode to mp3.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 07:57:21 pm »

You could also use MC's Media Editor to join the two tracks into one. I wouldn't then re-encode that file back to MP3, but you could compress it to APE and save on space without losing any more quality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up