INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing All playlists in 10.0.30  (Read 1153 times)

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Where ever you go, there you are
Missing All playlists in 10.0.30
« on: January 08, 2004, 03:54:26 pm »

Almost all.  I installed 10.0.30 and my entire library and playlists disappeared.  The only playlist were "recently played" and "top tunes." Nothing Else.  No smartlists, no other playlist, nothing.

I reinstalled.  Nothing.  Uninstalled and reinstalled.  Nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Brian

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Missing All playlists in 10.0.30
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 06:52:55 pm »

Quote:
I do not have any smartlist. Only playlists?

Have you created any?  There are no longer pre-created auto-smartlists out of the box, but it's easy to add the ones you like using "New Smartlist" dialog. (preset menu)

Start a thread if there are more details to hammer out.  Thanks.

You're kidding, right?  Why would you remove all of those smartlists - random playlists, task playlists, etc.  They were great.

In fact, those playlists were one of the things that attracted me to MC in the first place.

Sure, I can create some, but why aren't they there?  It was also a good way to see how smartlists can be created.  

Seems like a big step backwards to me.

Brian

fex

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 07:21:50 pm »

Not as bad as it sounds.

There is an easy way now to add them. Right click 'Playlists' - 'add smartlist'. In the following menu you'll get all the presets to add.

Drowbe

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 07:32:06 pm »

Not as bad as it sounds.

There is an easy way now to add them. Right click 'Playlists' - 'add smartlist'. In the following menu you'll get all the presets to add.
I think it is more of a shock to existing users than to new users...if you've been using MC for a while, you just sort of expect them.  I don't think they get removed when you upgrade...just not installed by default.   The fact that they are presets is pretty cool...I only used a few of them and had to keep deleting the ones I didn't want.

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 07:37:53 pm »

Drowbie is right.  It was quite a shock.  Hey, where did all of the smartlists go?  Then to find out that they were taken away on purpose.  

But look, there they are as presets when you add a new smartlist.  Ok, I feel better now.

[/Rant off]

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up