INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Suggestion  (Read 1497 times)

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Library Suggestion
« on: January 10, 2004, 09:57:22 pm »

One of things I most enjoy about MC is the ability to organize my music.  MC is a very powerful tool, but it could be even better if we could store information at different levels.

For instance, store Artist information (BIO, Instrument, Portrait, etc) once at the artist level, store a writeup on an Album (and the image for the album) at the Album level.  

Not only would this be more efficient way to store the information, and perhaps boost performance, but it would be easier to use and maintain the catalog.  It would be more powerful as well.  For instance you could link multiple artists to albums and tracks, etc..

Assuming that MC is using a relational database, perhaps this might be feasible?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

LisaRCT

Re:Library Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 10:04:16 pm »

Thank you Lynn.
This has been asked for previously, but having others express this being desirable can't hurt.
Hopefully this can be implemented so that I can once again include Artist Bio's and Lyrics in my library . . . . .  it sure removes a whole additional dimension of enjoyment having to compromise performance vs. features.

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 10:08:10 pm »

Hi,

If it has been suggested before is it a list for the future, or is it just not possible?

With just a little more flexibility, we could do so much more!

Lynn

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 11:10:52 pm »

If it has been suggested before is it a list for the future, or is it just not possible?

That, like many other questions is left unanswered.   ?

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 10:25:18 am »

That, like many other questions is left unanswered.   ?

And remains so . . . . . . . . . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up