INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server Collisions  (Read 636 times)

samarah88

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Bucks!
Media Server Collisions
« on: January 10, 2004, 06:07:06 pm »

I just started using Media Server and everything seems to be working fine. However, the data collision indicator on my hub is flashing everytime the Link/Activity flashes.

Is there any settings that I should tweak to eliminate this or can it just be ignored? I currently am not connecting through the same network cable for my DSL connection, but that is the next planned step. I am concerned about data interruption if I am already experiencing data collisions.

I was very happy with Media Center (v10) before using Media Server but now I feel like a 7 year-old on Christmas morning. Keep up the improvements to this great software.

As a side note, I am using my rear projection 52" big screen as my monitor. The focus is awful, internal audio is gone, and it's only analog (yuk!). It's about 15 or 16 years old. The TV is reaching the end of it's life and I am starting to investigate a proper replacement. I plan on using it as a computer monitor and also for viewing DVD/VCR movies as well as standard the Dish Network channels. Is there any suggestions from anyone who has traveled this path?
Pages: [1]   Go Up