INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't connect for LAME mp3 encoder  (Read 985 times)

NBachers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Can't connect for LAME mp3 encoder
« on: January 01, 2004, 11:04:20 pm »

I'm attempting to install the Lame mp2 encoder, so I can convert some files.  I keep going to the following website: http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/lamemp3encoder.mjp
but I keep getting the message that it failed to connect, for unknown reasons.  Are there any other ways to get this downloaded and installed in Media Center 9.1?  I had it in my Media Jukebox and it worked fine.
  Thanks,    Neil

Marko

Re:Can't connect for LAME mp3 encoder
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 01:09:01 am »

The link you posted works for me. I can get both the .mjp and the zip file it points to.

So, why can't you?

aggresive firewall settings?

Which browser do you use? If not internet explorer by default, have you tried with IE?

Perhaps the file servers were down when you tried before and the download will work for you too now?

Post back and let us know if you get it :)

-marko.

pat1066

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 06:48:58 am »

When I click on Neil's link, and accept the invitation to install  which appears, it straight away installs the encoder with no other options.

BUT if I go to the accessories page, via MC home page or Plugin Manager, I see  7 plugin types but no Encoder plugins
(10.0.27 on W98SE) so I am at present unable to reinstall my WMA encoder. (Except by reinstalling MC)
Pat.

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 10:47:48 am »

It works in IE but NOT in Firebird . . . . .
does that help resolve your problem?

NBachers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 08:58:45 pm »

OK-  It didn't work again, so I turned off the McAffee and AdSubtract.  Then it installed no problem.
I really appreciate the attention and responses to the basic questions I keep posting.  Thanks a lot.       Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up