INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC & MEGA View 561  (Read 961 times)

rorbin1

• Recent member
  • Orange Whip? Orange Whip? 3 Orange Whips!
MC & MEGA View 561
« on: December 14, 2004, 02:35:43 pm »

I know that Media Center desiigned to interface well with multiple MP3/Media players like Nomad, Ipod & others and that MC supports more hardware players than any other application. Your main page even states "Now you can synchronize your library with your Apple iPod or one of many supported devices". I presently do not have any player but there is one out now that brings everything together that I have ever wanted. Its the " MEGA View 561 Portable Multimedia Player" by X2. ( http://www.x2usa.com/html/mega_view_561.html  ). It has gotten RAVE reviews from multiple sources and I am considering purchasing it. I have a few concerns and I'm hoping that you can shed some light and help me with my questions. It will acually make the difference in whether I purchase it or not.

1.) Do you know if MC supports MEGA View 561 and can I synchronize my library like I could if I purchased an Ipod or other MC supported devices.

2.) What if anything good or bad can you say about this product?

Thanks
Robert C. Orbin Jr.

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re: MC & MEGA View 561
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 12:53:45 pm »

First of all, please dont make a purchasing decision based upon what I say - Im no expert.

1.) Do you know if MC supports MEGA View 561 and can I synchronize my library like I could if I purchased an Ipod or other MC supported devices.

From a quick scan of the manual for this device on the website you quoted, it seems as if its a USB device that appears as a new disk when you plug it in, i.e. to fill it up you can simply copy files over in Windows Explorer. I couldnt see any mention of special media management software included with it or needed for it.

So, as I understand it, for this sort of device, MC will support it 'out of the box' in terms of using MC to transfer files onto it. I dont know about synchronisation. I dont have experience with a USB device like this to call on, although Im hoping that Santa will come through for me this year on a USB music player :). Given my Christmas list, Im hoping Ive understood MCs capabilities with these types of device also.

Hopefully others who are more experienced in these things will be able to verify this. I dont know anything about this product, unfortunately, so I couldnt comment on its qualities. Looks pretty cool though.

Hope this helps.

rorbin1

• Recent member
  • Orange Whip? Orange Whip? 3 Orange Whips!
Re: MC & MEGA View 561
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 07:04:34 pm »

I really appreciate your review! I cant find any local stores that carry it so it's tough judge when you cant go in and play with the thing.

I hope that more people have a chance to take a look at this and have some comments or maybe they even own one.
Robert C. Orbin Jr.
Pages: [1]   Go Up