INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 multi-zone problem  (Read 647 times)

chemical

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC9 multi-zone problem
« on: January 12, 2004, 04:21:47 am »

Hey all )

I have a machine with 2 sound cards (SB Audigy 5.1 and an M-audio Delta 44).

I'm trying to setup multizone playback using these two cards (SB for Home theater, and the Delta 44 for zone playback).  Problem is, whichever card is being used for zone 1 in MC9, all audio regardless of zone then routes to that card.

For example, if the first zone is set to play back on the SB card, then all zones merge into the SB card.  If zone 1 is set to use the Delta 44, then all audio merges into the delta 44 card regardless of zone selected.

I've tried all combinations of ASIO, Wave Out, and DirectSound which all exhibit the same problem.  I updated the drivers for both cards to many available versions with no change in symptoms.  I also searched these boards and AVS but didn't find anything specifically related.

From most of the posts I've read, this shouldn't be too difficult given the support for it in MC9.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

chemical

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:MC9 multi-zone problem
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 11:29:57 pm »

Anyone know why the zones all play on one output (of whichever card is configured for zone 1) instead of the outputs they are configured for?

Thanks )

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
Re:MC9 multi-zone problem
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 03:49:41 am »

Some questions that may help. I would ask myself these first if I had your problem.

Where does the sound come from when using other apps?

If you have two apps (other than MC) both outputting sound, what do you hear?

In your Windows Play Control dialogue what options have you got checked for playback?

Do you have seperate Play control dialogues for each card?
Pages: [1]   Go Up