INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: downloaded mj today...won't work as out of date?  (Read 1061 times)

kandarohi

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
downloaded mj today...won't work as out of date?
« on: December 01, 2002, 08:07:31 am »

i downloaded mj today, as my previous version, version8x stopped working, after refusing to laod the license i purchased with version 7x from a floppy. when i try and run the version i've just downloded, i get a dialodue which says "you are attempting to open a database that is too new for this version of media jukebox. please upgrade to the newest version of media jukebox".....on a version i just today downloaded! where can i get the newest version i require, and can someone please run through the steps i must follow to get it to accept the license duplicated on my floppy. please reply as if you're talking to a computer idiot, coz you are! (and thanx!).

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: downloaded mj today...won't work as out of dat
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 08:32:21 am »

newest version of MJ8

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox80392.exe

newest version of MJ9

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90084.exe

if you still get an error uninstall your current version from windows and iinstall the newer version.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 01:44:18 pm »

It should be noted that a Version 7 license won't work on Version 9.
That's right.
I'm cool.

kandarohi

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 02:01:54 am »

thanx for your help, king sparta.....it now seems to be working again, although i lost all my playlists on uninstalling the other version. i did get a prompt to back up the license, which i did, but don't know where it is if i need it in the future....i stored it in the default set directory on installing mj8, but would like it on a floppy. i still do not know how to get the data off my original floppy from version 7 into this version 8.....could someone please walk me through the steps to do this, as i believe the license i purchased with version 7 should enable all the plus features in this latest version of mj8. i would be very grateful for further advice on this, written out as for a computer idiot, as the help file doesn't seem to tell me what i want, and using keywords such as "license", or "restore license" comes up with nothing. ......and thanx, everyone!
Pages: [1]   Go Up