INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: calculated date  (Read 722 times)

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck
calculated date
« on: January 11, 2004, 08:55:46 am »

I'd like to make a calculated field for a folder name friendly date. I would like it to be the same as the default filename friendly date , but without the time. The best I can do is 2004-January-08. How do I convert the January to 01? When I look at the filename friendly template for clues, nothing shows up.....  Any suggestions..
Thanks
Jim

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:calculated date
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 09:23:34 pm »

bump

I know there were discussions about this earlier, when you were first adding image handling. (I assume that is where the file friendly date can from)

Any ideas here??

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re:calculated date
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 12:49:15 am »

Hi Jim,

I'm afraid you can't do that easily. Date / Time format customization is a weakness of MC. It's not too problematic for managing audio files but it's something that's missing whan managing photos.

The default "Date (filename friendly)" field always include the time and you can't access the date and time fields separately when creating calculated fields to setup your own format.

What I did was to use an other program (naborcorb cam2pc) to name my folder and files in the exact way I wanted (i.e. 2003-1225--Christmas party/2003-1225-001--Santa claus.jpg)
Then I imported those pics in MC,
Created a custom fields (named PIC Date),
and used the command  Tools/Library Tools/Fill Properties from filenames with an appropriate template (i.e Directories: [PIC Date]--[Album]

It's the only way I found, other than manual entry, to enter a date in the format I always used (2003-1225) in MC library.

I hope that this will be improved in MC10 !

Hope this helps a bit,

Have a nice day,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)
Pages: [1]   Go Up