INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Req: Playback options per view scheme  (Read 919 times)

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Req: Playback options per view scheme
« on: January 16, 2004, 05:47:43 am »

So here's the deal:

Sometimes I like to listen to whole albums at a time, and sometimes I just like to listen to whatever pops up.
When I'm listening to albums, I like to keep my playback settings to "Gapless" to make sure that the album plays back the way it should. However, if I'm just listening to random junk, I like it on "Crossfade" 'cause it sounds cool that way.

How great would it be if I could define playback options like this per view scheme?

Something to think about,

Scott.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Feature Req: Playback options per view scheme
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 07:54:59 am »

Yep, i absolutely support this.

Not sure i follow how to setup on view scheme basis tho ?

My idea was to have a user-configurable button someplace that would allow to toggle between the 2 playback settings instead of going into the Tools menu each time.

I cant see how else to automate this, i suggested to Nila to use a guessing way to set this up in his eq plugin. ie..if the next consecutive track is from the same album, chances are i want gapless & replay gain off, otherwise keep them.

Nila said there was not enough support in the SDK to access those settings yet :(

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
Re:Feature Req: Playback options per view scheme
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 08:05:24 am »

Yeah I like the sound of this also. Another thing that could accompany this would be shuffle. I like to listen to albums in order, but other playlists randomly. This may get a little complicated then, i'd have to play with it to see if it was just confusing or not.
Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up