INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomad plugin v9.0.32 problems  (Read 835 times)

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Nomad plugin v9.0.32 problems
« on: January 14, 2004, 01:38:53 am »

Hi all:

When transferring to my zen xtra 30 gb (latest drivers installed) with a forced conversion to WMA CBR Quality 96, MC decodes/encodes 10 files at a time and then does the actual upload to the zen. However, when the upload of each batch of 10 files completes, MC pops up a transfer completed dialog which must be OK'ed before the next batch of 10 files is processed. In addition, it takes a while for the next batch to decode/encode since MC does another round of the 'analyzing device' dance.

Second, shouldn't MC be creating playlists on the zen of the uploaded files? In all the tests I've run, no playlists are created. And shouldn't there be an option to create them or not?

Third, if you CANCEL the decode/encode process under the conditions above (downgrading the bitrate i.e.), MC hangs with "Not Responding" condition and must be killed manually.

Any thoughts or fixes?

Thanks, dennis

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Nomad plugin v9.0.32 problems
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 04:33:20 pm »

Dennis,

The issue of the completed dialog popping up and cancel will be resolved soon.  

In regards to playlist creation, how are you transferring? If you use the right click 'Synchroniztion' method, the playlists should be created automatically. Also, if you drag and drop a playlist on the Nomad tree item, the playlist should be created automatically.

Steve

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 04:43:28 pm »

Thanks for the information! Any ETA on the fix?

Regarding the playlist creation item, I was transferring to an empty zen by selecting album, entire artist or whatever from the current view and then dropping them on the Handheld action window, selecting 'continue' and then hit transfer.

No playlists are created on the zen - none appear in MC or on the zen itself via it's menus.

Is the method you describe the only way to get playlists created on the zen?

Cheers

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 10:35:58 am »

dp,

I don't know for sure when the fix will be ready, but it is near the top of my list. To create the playlist on zen, drag a comparable playlist onto the zen, not tracks. Or use 'synchronization' which is playlist based.  An Artist listing is not a playlist. You can create a playlist based on certain artists automatically by using smartlists.

Steve

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 12:30:38 pm »

Thanks, now I understand how the plugin handles playlists. So, in essence, its a two step process: queue the tracks and any existing playlist(s) onto the zen.

For now, I'll continue using redchair's notmad until the issues with the MC plugin are resolved. I was just trying to get all my "operations" under one roof so to speak.

Could you post a notice when the fix is in?

Thanks dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up