INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound recorder inputs  (Read 819 times)

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Sound recorder inputs
« on: December 01, 2002, 12:25:12 pm »

Please: is there no one else who has had this problem??

?
I tried to use the sound recorder function today for the first time.  As a input source I used a streaming internet radio station which I chose from the list of stations in MJ media center.  After reading all of the help notes and FAQ's here I have found no solution to the issue of why the sound recorder will only record from the Microphone input, no matter what input I select in the options list in the  MJ recorder.

I made a test of MS sound recorder, and it too only records from the mic input.  The help section in MS sound recorder says "you must have a microphone attached to your computer to record with sound recorder"  alluding to the fact that it is only capable of using a mic input.  Seems to me that I used to be able to use MS sound recorder to record CD audio in windows 98.  But now it seems I can not do this in Windows 2000.  The only reason I mention this is in some post in FAQ someone suggested trying to see if MS sound recorder would record.  Well it records but only from the MIC input.  Same as the recorder in MJ.  

For some reason I can not get any sound into the MJ recorder with any input except Microphone.  And even more curious, I can select any MJ recorder input option and it will still record from the mic:  IE: if I select line in, MJ records with the MIC.  I did discover that if I go into the sound card settings I am able to turn off all input to the MJ recorder by muting the MIC function.

I have a Soundblaster PCI 128 using the W2000 generic drivers.  I chose to use the generic driver because when I first got W2000 the Creative SB drivers available for W2000 were full of bugs, and were messing my system up.  I have never had any problems using generic drivers but I know they sometimes lack all of the features of the OEM furnished drivers.   What kind of drivers are you guys in development using?   Any ideas as to why I can't select the proper source would be appreciated.  I intend in using MJ sound recorder to put all my vinyl into my computer.  But right now that would be impossible without the use of AUX input.  

Thanks in advance for  the help,
Bob G.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.392
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 601 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 39 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer
Pages: [1]   Go Up