INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Word of Warning about RealOne's Subscriptions  (Read 2647 times)

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Word of Warning about RealOne's Subscriptions
« on: January 18, 2004, 03:59:53 pm »

Just a word of warning about these 14-day trial offers:  To cancel, they force you to call them voice.

Of course, I was kept on hold for the longest time; they were probably hoping I would hang up and not cancel. >:(

Anyway, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of the universe, I know, but I just thought others should know about this hidden annoyance, especially since their "My Account" management page makes it appear as though you can cancel online.

Omni

EDIT:  I'm referring to their SuperPass and RadioPass offers.  I don't know about Rhapsody.

Charlemagne 8

Re:Word of Warning about RealOne's Subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 04:36:41 pm »

Rhapsody IMPLIES that you can cancel online. But now I wonder.

I have not yet had any desire to cancel the subscription as their library is much more extensive that mine will ever be so I may not find out how easy it is to cancel for a while.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Omni

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 04:58:24 pm »

Yeah, I didn't cancel my Rhapsody subsciption, and like you, I doubt I will anytime soon.

SuperPass wasn't worth it for me since 1.) I'm mainly only into music, not video or news or celebrity profiles and such, and 2.) given my 4.5 Mbps pipe, I find their player very, very laggy and sluggish--I am referring to traversing their links and pages, not the actual streams themselves.

As for RadioPass, I'm not like you guys in that I'm not constantly looking for new, unheard of artists and stuff that can only be found on these independent radio streams.  I'm more of a mainstream guy, so MusicMatch has met all of my needs so far.

ThatAdamGuy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama's iguana!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 08:51:04 pm »

I used and enjoyed Rhapsody, but abandoned it in favor of Napster.

I was able to quit my Rhapsody subscription online with absolutely no fuss whatsoever.  Unlike their parent company, Listen.com/Rhapsody is, IMHO, a very honorable and straightforward firm.  I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service -- during and after my membership.

zak326

• Recent member
  • consultant
Warning RealOne's Subscriptions Radio plus too
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 02:20:15 am »

MSN's radio plus iis worse. forst of all they advertisse it is ad free nbut that doens not mean no popups. Also I had to call 3 times to get the thing cancelled.  They wanted me to cancel my whole MSN subscription and then soign up all over againa jd lose my emails. I finally got real testy sent them an email with the need infor to cancel. and ppulled the old "You have been corporately notified, I owe you nothing, so go to your boss and figure it out and send me a confirmation." it worked.. .

So they are all the same pretty much!

;D 8) ?

edbro

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 12:12:20 pm »

I cancelled online last night thru the Rhapsody application. I immediately got a confirmation email.  :D

By the way, it is a good service but I have XM radio so I didn't need this.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 05:09:01 pm »

Never trust Real...  A year or two ago, I had a subscription to whatever they called it then.  I NEVER used it because, frankly, it sucked.  I had to call to cancel, and the guy on the other end of the phone was the rudest jerk I could imagine...  Maybe it was just bad luck, but I won't ever do business with them again.

And I hate their software! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up