Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control  (Read 730 times)

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Control
« on: January 18, 2004, 12:10:34 pm »

"Control" by Kudra (Independent - Alternative)  
Pocket's rating: very good

Selecting a piece for this review was a difficult labor, but a deep, sonorous, angst-filled piece from an unknown Connecticut band, Kudra, waded through the mires to the top of the playlist.

Ringing in the angst is a mellow guitar track, with a periodic flare as a waking beast.  This is to be joined just a few bars later by hypnotically incessant bass line.  Together with some of the most intriguing drum scores, the darkened stage is set for some most complex time signatures ever known in an alternative piece.  Tying all of this together is an inflectious lyrical style, and the ringing distortion melds the work into a trap that won't let go, earning of its title.  

It may be wondered where one could run upon such an interesting piece from an independent band.  That is where online radio really shines; promoting the discovery of new and flavorful music.  The people a J-river know that this is an important outlet not to be ignored.  We should support their efforts by endorsing the improvement of the Web Media section of MediaCenter!

jleerigby

Re:Control
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 06:04:12 pm »

That's the most tactful and carefully disguised feature request I ever heard!

Nice review BTW.  If I only had access to cable I might be able to listen to it.  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up