INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 10 and label printing  (Read 753 times)

jolo

• World Citizen
Version 10 and label printing
« on: January 23, 2004, 04:01:00 am »

::)I am very pleased to be a licensed user of the amazing Media Center 10. Need a new name  thouogh to seperate from 9. How about Media All. OR Media Everything.
But this is about label printing.

1. I tend to like to use Neato full faces labels and did not see a template for it.
2. I did find out that Avery 5931 fits the Neato full face label.
3. I liked when there were a lot of songs, that I saw this line down the middle of the bottom part to seperate the songs, very cool.
4. Then I printed and it went away, apparently I have to select "pick background image and leave use Image from file blank (I'm sure I could have put some image if I wanted.
5. There seems not to be the ability to print top and bottom at the same time. So after I printed the top. I saw that MC left the label area and also did not keep any of my settings, including my printer setting for Matte finish.
6. So I did it again and it printed fine, but ..... I noticed that on that great simple front screen, that there is now way to effect font, so it made the font of the song list very small when there was plenty of room to work with to increase the font in the empty spaces.
7. I have no doubt that I could have changed all of the font stuff is to go to the label editor and changed the font .
8. The business of how it leaves the label area by itself after one side is printer and also even while I writing this and want to be accurate, it leaved the label area as soon as I click the forum.

I love the simplicity of the front end, and the little line. But it looks like it could be tweaked a bit.

If there was a bug that really kept people from doing their thing, I would focus on that first certainly, but I do feel that the is some minor tweaking to be done in the print label area

More important, congrats on version 10.

jolo

• World Citizen
Re:Version 10 and label printing
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 04:25:32 am »

:oI have a reply to myself about another oooops in the label program with the full face labels.

As mentioned in my prior post, I Neato Full Labels are not an option, but Avery 5931 labels are apparently full face and that worked.

I mention about how I felt that there was some wasted space with the font at times, but I knew I could go into the label editor and increase the font.

:oNot really, when I clicked on Go To Label Editor, the label changed from Full Faced to  convention with the big whole in the middle.

So it looks like full face labels can only be run as 5931s and out of the label wizard.

Thanks very much,

Jon Temple
Pages: [1]   Go Up