INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better (or Second) MPL Schema  (Read 982 times)

sraymond

Better (or Second) MPL Schema
« on: January 10, 2004, 04:13:40 pm »

JRiver,

Having spent a significant amount of time lately developing XSLTs for helping users present their libraries as HTML, I respectfully submit a suggestion:

The current MPL schema is pretty rudimentary.  It flattens the entire database, making it good for some things (like importing tags), but horrible for others (like presenting albums).  For one of my XSLTs, I created an intermediate schema to hold album-centric data.  The downside is that this schema is of my own doing, off the top of my head, and in all likelihood, suboptimal.

I suggest JRiver formalize another XML Schema to manage album-centric data.  This could even be done in conjunction with the MPL (Media PlayList...  quite the misnomer, by the way) by adding a bit of a top-level hierarchy.  Perhaps off the <MPL>, a few elements such as <MediaItems>, <Albums>, <Series>, etc.

Thoughts?

Scott-

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Better (or Second) MPL Schema
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 10:06:57 am »

JRiver:

I second Scott's request for a second schema. Now that XML Export and XSLT seem to be getting a lot of attention here for building various ways to view the library, maybe MC10 could benefit greatly from a second schema. I too have need for different *views* of the library but some are just not possible without some sort of XSLT.

For other INTERACT members: if you are reading this post, there must some interest on your part - so post your thoughts. If JRiver sees a greater interest in this topic, maybe they will consider the suggestion.

JRiver, can we get some feedback on this?

Regards,
Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up