INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opus MC  (Read 14695 times)

dragyn

Re:Opus MC
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2004, 10:44:46 am »

Just added "Opus MC (Deep)"! Gonna take a break from this for awhile now. Please post any bugs if you find them.

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2004, 05:27:59 am »

Great work! Love the skins!

The Opus MC (Large) skin might be nice with slightly thicker left & right borders, and splitters. The current ones look a bit too "delicate" perhaps?

Still my skin of choice, however.

dragyn

« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2004, 06:27:11 am »

I can do whatever you want. I just slapped it all together mainly looking at the top. I can make the other images thicker without any problems.

edit: left, right, top, and splitters are now 2 pixels bigger.

cattani

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Come to Black Sea !!! Constanta !!!
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2004, 08:28:10 pm »

I like this skin, it`s a very good working.
keep going, man!!!
Fii optimist si asteapta imposibilul !!!

dragyn

Re:Opus MC (Blue, Deep, & Olive)
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2004, 02:52:00 pm »

Thanks cattani! gpvillamil, do those new sizes work for you?

Added Olive to the set. Titanium (Opus OS v2.0) will be done once that is out.

Added checkbox icons to each color scheme. Rename file (see first post in this thread) to smallicons.png and put in "Default Art"/"Custom Art" directory. I'm not sure if those could be used in the skin itself, so there they are anyway.

Also updated all 3 versions. Please update your copy.

benrad

Re:Opus MC (Blue, Deep, & Olive)
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2004, 01:49:33 pm »

Very nice. My desktop is lovely and uniform.

Penfold

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Lunchlady Doris, have ye got ony grease?
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2004, 07:53:57 am »

Mine too, I got mine from windowblinds...thanks for a great skin!

I have noticed a couple of things, a button separator & the left pane closed, which look a little odd, don't know if you are able to fix them or not...

Either way, thanks again!

dragyn

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2004, 09:32:53 am »

For the seperator, I noticed this too but there's only 2 ways of doing it..

1. make the top bar bigger.
2. make the separator smaller.

Making the top bigger for that looks weird (to me). I can edit the separator and put it for download here. That's probably the best way to do it but it means manually changing the images on your part.

EDIT: I can't seem to find the separator image....  :(

For the left border, it's actually going all the way over in that pic. That's the only way to get the curves. Only fix for that is to remove the curves...then it looks (to me) less 'fancy'. If you don't use the tree, I could make a curveless version and then that won't appear. That's the reason I removed the tree highlight bitmaps because it looked offset but it wasn't.

And I'm glad someone is using the Olive version. I thought I was the only one.  :) Anyone using Deep? Haven't seen any replies on those since they were available.

Thanks for the comments. Penfold, let me know if you want new separator images.
Also note, I'm trying to make a new volume control but haven't had any ideas yet.

Penfold

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Lunchlady Doris, have ye got ony grease?
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2004, 01:52:59 pm »

Ah well, if you can't find the separator it's cool.

As for the left hand side, well I use the tree quite often, although the above is my usual view so I don't know how your solution would workout  for opening/closing the pane.

As for the volume control, I was thinking bout that (forgive me I'm no designer so this may well be crap):

Drop the slider for space reasons

Have a similar style marker system but with more graduations & getting bigger from left to right, in a curved fashion, NOT in a straight line.

Then have the actual volume 'fill out' (but not 'cover') these graduations in darker yet transparent colour from left to right sizing up along the graduations.

Add the ability to drag the rightmost side of this dark fill to manually adjust volume. Only problem I for see is that at 0% you would have to have a little of the dark fill to click onto, but I would have thought most people r/click on the slider for mute rather than turn it right down? Maybe? Who knows...

Then maybe embolden the 0,25,50,75,100% graduations?

I'd love to draw what I'm on about but getting it on here (it looks fine in my minds eye) would be a problem as my PS from scratch skills are poor.

P.S. Ever thought about skinning Firebird/Firefox?

jleerigby

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2004, 04:31:03 pm »

Dragyn - I could use the new image to handle the hidden tree.  

Getting the tree back isn't an issue for me as I use girder to auto hide the tree when MC opens and then a button on my remote will toggle it on and off when I want.

fex

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2004, 02:58:42 pm »

...Anyone using Deep? Haven't seen any replies on those since they were available...

Yep. It's my 'standard skin' now. No problems at all.

I love it.

dragyn

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2004, 09:01:45 pm »

Ah well, if you can't find the separator it's cool.

I'm making the top and bottom slightly bigger so the separator doesn't run off as much.

Have a similar style marker system but with more graduations & getting bigger from left to right, in a curved fashion, NOT in a straight line.

Then have the actual volume 'fill out' (but not 'cover') these graduations in darker yet transparent colour from left to right sizing up along the graduations....
...Then maybe embolden the 0,25,50,75,100% graduations?

MC is pretty limited on what it can show. I don't think what you are describing is possible at this time.

P.S. Ever thought about skinning Firebird/Firefox?

There are other opus skins out there. Trillian, WMP, Winamp, etc. I'm sure someone has made or is making one for Firefox.

Dragyn - I could use the new image to handle the hidden tree.

I've been trying to make it better in this area but MC just doesn't do what I want and probably won't because images would need to overlap in these areas. As for an image, I could do that or you can edit SVB.bmp in MSPaint using R:237 G:234 B:228 (#EDEAE4) for a background.

jleerigby

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2004, 04:01:35 am »

Thaks Dragyn, that works a treat.

dragyn

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2004, 06:13:20 am »

Your welcome!  ;)

Here's the colors for the other two:

Deep: R:209 G:214 B:203 (#D1D6CB)
Olive: R:236 G:234 B:221 (#ECEADD)

Also forgot to mention I'm working on new window borders for things like DSP, Options, etc. It's gonna be made to look like the main window. Adding some more shadows too and will eventually get to a new volume control.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2004, 06:23:11 pm »

Everything is working great for me. Any chance of a large fonts version of the Olive & Deep skins?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2004, 05:46:39 am »

Using Opus MC (Deep) and also the desktop. Very nice, thanks!  8)

One bug still: I just noticed that "Volume Options" button on the upper left is missing. I have to temporally change skin if I need those functions. (MC 9.1.317 and 10.0.96)  :(
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2004, 03:33:31 pm »

More missing items. Those small triangle shaped buttons are not present.
This capture is from the Green Eyes skin.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dragyn

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2004, 05:52:06 pm »

I'll be making large versions in Olive and Deep once I figure out what's gonna happen with the others.

Volume options were not included because it looked weird to me. I'll be redoing the upper left corner so I'll see what I can do about adding it back in. For now, 'Player/Volume' from the file menu will show the same items. Right clicking on the slider mutes the sound.

I didn't forget about the triangles....it just didn't look right at the time. I'll think about adding something there. Double-clicking the vertical slider will show/hide the tree. Right-clicking the 'Playing Now' horizontal slider will bring up a menu; double-clicking will adjust it to 50%.

Thanks for the input. I'm trying to get this finished but I'm working too much right now and trying to think of ways to do the volume and stuff. The creator of Opus OS is coming out with a Smooth version soon. I'll be doing that one too (of course) and any other colors schemes that may come out.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2004, 07:36:30 am »

sweet sweet skin....
Don't Panic!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up