INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New feature request: play all <artist> or <album>  (Read 925 times)

sicklew

New feature request: play all <artist> or <album>
« on: January 19, 2004, 02:31:12 pm »

Most of the time, I play my whole audio media library in shuffle mode. When a good song comes up, I wish I could right-click on it and whould have the choice to play all of the same <artist> or <album> or even the same <genre>.

What I'd expect to happen is that all the songs that match the search criteria would be added to the top of the current playlist.

Here's a screen shot of what I want:

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re:New feature request: play all <artist> or <album>
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 02:39:02 pm »

I cannot see your screenshot, sorry.

You can achieve what you want if, when in Now Playing view, -> right-click on the track -> Locate -> Album (or Artist) (or Genre). Then double-click the thumbnail of the album or the whole list of songs by the artist/Genre and they will automatically be added to playing now according to the behaviour that you've established to double-click.

-----
Listening to: 'What You Want' from 'Nowhere to Here' by 'Blue Rodeo' on Media Center 10

sicklew

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 03:23:26 pm »

Thanks for the tip. This is very close to what I was looking for, but not exactly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but this is what happens to me:

1. When I  -> right-click on the track -> Locate -> Album (or Artist) (or Genre) my default view is details, not album thumbnails. If I select all the tracks and then right-click -> Add to Playing Now, it adds them to the bottom of the Playing Now list opposed to the top of the list. Minor detail, but since my current playlist is very long, adding to the end isn't exactly what I wanted.

2. If I ->right-click -> Locate -> Album (or Artist) (or Genre), and select all the tracks and then double-click, it will do the double-click action on only the one track under the cursor opposed to all the tracks.

3. Is the only way I can get what you describe is with album thumbnails?

I just thought an easy-to-use "Play All <artist>|<album>|<genre>" would be a cool feature that no other media player has.

Listening to: 'The Grinding Wheel' from 'Big Harvest' by 'Indio' on Media Center 10

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 06:29:51 pm »

The Send To menu has an option to add the current selection to Playing Now as next to play.

I've been doing exactly what you describe, no problem.

sicklew

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 09:22:15 am »

Thanks! That's just what I was looking for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up