INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Autoplay  (Read 1103 times)

iamjamesduncan

• Recent member
CD Autoplay
« on: November 29, 2002, 06:33:36 am »

I loves me MJB!!  One thing that I would like to be considered in upcoming releases. Please allow me to NOT have the program auto play every CD that I enter into my CD drive.  It is very frtustrating.  Sometimes I want to just rip, print a cover, etc... There is very few time I want to play an audio cd from the CD drive.

Thansk for listening!

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: CD Autoplay
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 07:06:33 am »

Hold the shift key down for 5-10 sec's after inserting CD...temporarily disables AutoPlay.

10-27

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 11:21:30 am »

I was also perplexed at the autoplay function.  None of the regular windows settings would turn off this autoplay feature the way I could for Windows media player or the standard windows CD player.  Usually you can disable this function by setting the file type atributes, but that doesn't work for MJ.  

By doing a google search I found this registry modification for turning off "auto insert notification"

http://www.padus.com/support/manuals/350/html/02_Getting_started/06_System_setup_tips.htm

Go to the above web page and you will find very explicit directions for your particular windows operating system.

I don't know much about registry editing but it was easy for me to do.  And now MJ doesn't start automatically when I put a DC in the drive.  

By the way this disables the autoinsert feature for any type of CD you put into your cd rom drive.  Even software discs for new software that you buy.  As a result you will need to start ALL of your discs manually by browsing to the drive and opening it.  If you don't like that aspect of the fix you should stay with holding down the shift key.  

Personally I think MJ should have an option switch to turn off the auto insert feature.  This business of a program taking over my computer makes me angry.  This is very reminiscent of Real Player...Which I will never again install in my computer.   Leo Laport and Patric Norton feel the same way  about programs that try to take over your computer.  Thay give Real Player a bad rap just because of this issue.

Hope this helps,
Bob G.

konicky

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 10:15:49 pm »

In MJ go to Tools : Options : File Associations and make sure 'Associate with audio CD's' is not selected.
"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said" (P.Drucker)
Pages: [1]   Go Up