INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 10 Questions / Feature Requests  (Read 2445 times)

Tanushan

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Version 10 Questions / Feature Requests
« on: January 22, 2004, 05:07:35 pm »

is there anyway to get back the old action window, the new one is nowhere near as good as the old one, for example it doesn't show how long the playlist is?

and there is no way to customize the action window at least yet

Tanushan

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Version 10 Questions / Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 05:50:04 pm »

bump

Tanushan

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 08:20:52 pm »

come on someone must know all i'm asking for is if it is possible to show the time of the playlist on the action windows like in MC9

also can the "tabs" in the action window be saved? instead of resetting on close?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 08:51:37 pm »

is there anyway to get back the old action window
install an older version of MC10, or MC9

I however think the current one is fine.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Tanushan

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 09:38:55 pm »

k thanks kingsparta, what about my third post

also can the "tabs" in the action window be saved? instead of resetting on close?

when u click on say "burn cd or dvd" the a tab opens and below it says "action window", however if u close and restart mc it resets? can u set it not to?

also is it possible to show the total time of the playlist on the action window playing now screen like in mc9?

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 02:17:01 am »

I noticed this too and find it a real pain.  I just keep changing the AW so it shows the General section but everytime I close and reopen MC it reverts to showing all fields.  If I customise Tag Info it's because I want it that way, I don't want to have to customise it on every visit.  I also hate the fact that the AW list shows Collapsed entries for all the other sections.  This takes up way too much space on a Res of 848 x 480 (PDP) so I can only see about 1 or 2 fields of data without scrolling.  

To me the recent AW changes are a big step back and the way it was before was spot on.  If there's anyone out there who likes the Tag Info layout please speak up because I can't see how it's better.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 07:11:46 am »

I agree that changes should stick, and I guess it'll happen. It's logical after all.
I would also love to see MC remember the minimized AW's between sessions. I have a large enough desktop to be able to have 3 or more AW's minimized at the bottom, ready to pop up in a single click. That way I can have album art always showing, tag info ready to pop up at any time, and single click to edit my alarm clock playlist before bed every night to choose what i want to wake me up. :)

Infact, this system allows me to see everything i want while listening to a song. I hate having to flick to and from the "playing now". I like having everything in front of me.

It'd be really cool if you could put a button somewhere in the interface that would automatically make the panes jump to the album that's playing now.

Tanushan

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 10:35:24 pm »

yeah i thought the old action window was spot on

nila

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 03:03:02 am »

I'd LOVE it if MC remembered all it's settings between sessions including MRU.

I have to set it up each time I open up MC. It's abit like having an OS that 'resets' itself after every reboot, you have to then get everything back to how 'you' like it.

Right now there is a pretty big lack of ability to customise MC's appearance and behavior to how WE want it and especially to have this remembered between sessions.

Take panes for instance, why cant we have it as one of the options for a VS as to whether it resets to the right so I can set it NOT to for Photo VS's.

Also, why cant I set 'show all values' for tagging as an option for MC so I can chose what I want it to do for me!

'MRU' is another prime example of something that would be a GREAT and POWERFUL option instead of a reg hack.

Whether searches are cleared when moving between VS's again would be another GREAT thing to make as an option.

YES.... I admit, I want options so I can make it work how I want it to not how 'Mr Average' wants it to!

v10 has come a LONG way from v8 yet the options screen has barely changed, definitely not in any major way.

It has been suggested many times, make the options screen have an 'advanced' and a 'basic' mode.

Basic gives you what it has now, maybe even abit less to make it clear and easy for beginners.

Advanced gives you the power to make MC act and behave how YOU want it to, just like any good program should. It should behave and suit the individual users preferances, not have a totally fixed rigid layout and way of acting that 'is best for the masses' which basically translates to 'suits nearly no one perfectly but compromises between everyones taste'.

MC has alot of power, now let US control it and make it work how WE want it to.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 03:12:44 am »

A "Copy CD" function -- i.e. a function that simply makes a duplicate of an existing CD -- is oddly missing from MC at the moment.  This is one of the standard features of other apps like Nero.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 03:31:00 am »

It would be nice if we could be more selective with the "startup page" option.  EVERY time MC starts, the first thing I have to do is select "Audio" on the left hand tree instead of "Media Library."  It would be great if I could tell it to start on "Audio."  The ability to select a part of the tree tell MC to "always start here" would offer the most flexibility (this is how other programs of this nature have worked in the past.)

Thanks,

Larry

Marko

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 03:37:15 am »

JLee, like this you mean....

?

This made tagging using the fields in the tag info area impossibly awkward and I had to restart MC to regain control.

rocketsauce

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 04:27:37 am »

EVERY time MC starts, the first thing I have to do is select "Audio" on the left hand tree instead of "Media Library."

What I've done is move my most commonly used view schemes out of the Audio node and directly under Media Library. Then in the view scheme properties make sure the Image setting is on audio and change the Tree Position setting from auotmatic to top.

Rob

Listening to: 'The Only Star In Heaven' from 'Welcome To The Pleasure Dome' by 'Frankie Goes To Hollywood' on Media Center 10

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 05:42:16 am »

The problem is that "Audio" IS the most commonly used item for me, and it's already directly under Media Library.

Larry

NoCodeUK

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 08:36:41 am »

Both of these get my vote too...advanced customization would be swell and a return to sticky Media Modes would be great...aybe that could be one of the advanced options ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

LisaRCT

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004, 09:28:35 am »

It seems all the things the A/W does could be done with Tabs or Buttons using far less screen space.
Just MHO

rocketsauce

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 11:32:15 am »

The problem is that "Audio" IS the most commonly used item for me, and it's already directly under Media Library.

Larry

I'm not sure I understand your point. I wasn't saying I was against your suggestion, I was just suggesting a workaround.

Anyway, aren't there some Audio view schemes that you use a lot more than others? I have about 5 that I use often and a bunch of others that I use occassionaly. Moving the often-used schemes (or all of the schemes, if you want) out of the Audio node and directly under Media Library makes them available immediatley when MC starts. Essentially it accomplishes the same thing as being able to tell MC to start in the Audio node instead of Media Library.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up