INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outputting to front AND rear soundcard outputs.  (Read 1671 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Outputting to front AND rear soundcard outputs.
« on: May 15, 2004, 12:16:31 am »

In the MC10 "Playback" options you can select the output channels (i.e. "Left Front + Right Front," "Left Rear + Right Rear," etc.)  Is there any way to tell MC to output the same signal to BOTH the front and rear outputs of a SB Audigy?  I'd like to use the "rear" output for a second stereo setup in another room, but it seems like you can only use one or the other of these outputs.

I realize that I can split the front output, but signal-wise it would be a little better if I could utilize a separate output for each zone, and given that I'd like to split the signal 3 ways, a second output would be a better way to go.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re:Outputting to front AND rear soundcard outputs.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 12:45:25 am »

I set the speaker setup to "4 speakers" in the Creative surround mixer and I got sound on both outputs in WinXP, but not in Win2K on a system with the same hardware.

Larry

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 02:17:37 am »

I don't have a Win2k box here to mess with, but if I had to make a wild guess, I'd suggest you check your DirectX version on the 2k box (if you are using DirectSound output in MC).  If that's not it, I can't really think of a reason it would work in XP and not 2k.

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 03:46:03 am »

Well, I was actually wondering about the same thing. One of the things that came to my mind was to search for "soundblaster tweak" in google and download.com. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything. :(

Anyone knows if such 3rd part drivers or sound tweak softwares exist?

One option I'd like to have is to be able to toggle from 2 different setups:
1. regular output for front and rear channels
2. front: front left + rear left         rear: front right + rear right.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 04:25:48 pm »

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/intro.php Use the routing here to route the sound to the front and back at the same time.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up