INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So...any news on Album Gain for MC10?  (Read 981 times)

nguyenkhoang

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
So...any news on Album Gain for MC10?
« on: January 28, 2004, 11:30:57 pm »

Message says it all...

Analyze Audio and replay gain works well for singles collected from different albums, and overall, works for rock music with little dynamic range differences between tracks.

For classical, it seems terribly odd for a soft passage to not be soft. I know there is an option to turn off replay gain, but that's mighty annoying to turn it off and on every time I switch genre.

I know this has been discussed before, but I was just wondering what's the big technical deal?  It's not like this is a new concept or something that hasn't been implemented before.

Thanks!

Drowbe

Re:So...any news on Album Gain for MC10?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 01:11:43 am »

I'm not usderstanding what you want here...I thought the point would be to normalize the volume.  Doesn't this imply that the soft passages would be louder?  I would think the same issues would apply album-wise.  I could be wrong...heck, I probably am...but isn't it at least nice that I gave it a shot? ;)

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Re:So...any news on Album Gain for MC10?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 03:22:55 am »

I'm all for this.  I hope that it gets implemented.  It shouldn't be hard to compute the value from the individual gain adjustments.  For classical, jazz, etc., this would be great.

kiwi

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up