INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with IRMan & Remote Control  (Read 705 times)

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
Problems with IRMan & Remote Control
« on: February 04, 2004, 10:36:37 am »

I spent a few hours last night playing with my IRMan and the J River plug-in for IRMan but am experiencing real problems.

The plug-in learns my commands fine and they *seem* to work in that it occasionally responds to the commands I send it.  However, if I press down 10 times, it likely only responds to 1 of those 10 commands.  (The same holds true for all other commands as well.

I have been playing with the delay settings in Media Center and my remote but cannot solve this.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Problems with IRMan & Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 11:51:07 am »

what kind of remote do you have ? universal ?

//L.Lus
MT5FR

SuperRabbit0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 12:38:32 pm »

Yes, its a universal.  A Harmony 659.  I currently have it set up as a Prismiq Media Server but could change it to any device if that would be helpful.  Originally, I had it set up as a CD player (cant remember which type) as I do not have a CD player in my system but had the same problems....

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 04:35:29 pm »

the problem with universal remotes is that they are very "sensitive" sending the ir-signal. they should apply to many different brands and types. I my self have a philips wich can control 8 different devices and i've got it to work with 1 of the "device buttons" (not the other 7). I think you have to do some more testing. Also download girder, there you can see wich signal the remote is sending or try another remote. there is a problem between universal controls and ir-man. You can also do some reading at the girder forum..

L.Lus  
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up